RN Educator Field Staff Development - 2193445
Opportunities at WellMed, part of the Optum family of businesses. We believe all patients are entitled to the highest level of medical care. Here, you will join a team who shares your passion for helping people achieve better health. With opportunities for physicians, clinical staff and non-patient-facing roles, you can make a difference with us as you discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Position in this function is responsible for implementing and evaluating staff development and training programs to prepare, high-quality and highly competent staff in the workplace. This position facilitates classes, and implements corporate training programs. This position also works with a Training Coordinator to ensure successful execution of training programs.
Implements staff development and clinical staff competency programs incorporating appropriate adult learning principles
- Work in conjunction with Education, Training, and Development team leadership to ensure all new initiatives, policies and procedures, guidelines, or other necessary updates are incorporated into orientation/training programs
- Identify innovative training strategies for learners, including distance learners
Leverages creativity and utilizes a wide variety of methods to present education and training programs
- Works in conjunction with Education, Training, and Development leadership team to determine best instructional approach such as instructor-led, print, or computer and internet modalities
- Train and/or identify effective facilitators to orient and train staff during education and training programs
Evaluates staff development education and training programs
- Evaluate the results of post-program surveys and processes to obtain participant feedback
- Work in conjunction with Education, Training, and Development leadership team to create nursing/clinical competency tools and self-management support competency tools
- Conduct competency skill evaluations at least yearly to ensure ongoing monitoring of skills and performance
Provides job role training to learners for specific behavior and skill development utilizing effective feedback and motivational support techniques
- Collaborate with learner’s manager and the with Education, Training, and Development leadership team to identify and provide training needs for staff
- Provide learner specific feedback and recommendations to learner’s manager
- Follows plan for professional development and actively seeks out opportunities to increase expertise in nursing education and adult training programs
- Conducts training and education programs for other departments, providers, clinic staff, other partners, and vendors regarding programs as requirements dictate
- Provides excellent customer service, monitors quality service and customer service delivery by nursing staff
- Serves on corporate committees, task forces, and/or work groups
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Healthcare Administration, Education or a related field (2+ additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of Texas (for Texas positions) or Florida (for Florida positions)
- 2+ years of experience in either outpatient case management and/or utilization management or clinical setting, hospital, or physician office practice
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Proven problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Wiling or ability to travel up to 75%
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- Experience within a health plan setting
- Experience with an electronic medical record
- Training experience
- Knowledge of the following required: managed care, disease management and complex care case management, basic principles and practices of clinical nursing, adult learning principals
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to push or pull heavy objects using up to 25 pounds of force
- Ability to properly drive and operate a company vehicle
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.