Registered Nurse - 2198186
$5000 SIGN ON BONUS FOR EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
Opportunities with Optum in the Tri-State region (formerly CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH New York and Riverside Medical Group). Come make a difference in the lives of people who turn to us for care at one of our hundreds of locations across New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. Work with state-of-the-art technology and brilliant co-workers who share your passion for helping people feel their best. Join a dynamic health care organization and discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The group has always maintained a firm commitment to each of our patients…to provide high quality medical and surgical care in a warm, friendly setting, and in a caring manner. Each and every member of our professional and support staff is dedicated to this ideal – physicians, nurses, technicians and support personnel. The commitment to deliver services that revolve around our patients is central to our care practices and philosophies. Integrated care teams focus their efforts to ensure that evidence-based, patient-centered approaches are consistently implemented to maximize patient health, self-efficacy, and self-management.
Position Overview: The Registered Nurse or RN provides professional nursing care to patients/significant others via direct and/or telephone contact, following established standards and practices. They coordinates with other members of the care team to ensure seamless care delivery, maximal coordination of efforts, and active patient participation in planning and care. Assists physician or other provider with clinical procedures, performs telephone triage as needed, and participates in patient teaching.
Provides Direction To: Licensed Practical Nurses, clerical assistants, medical assistants, and other non-licensed personnel.
- Typical Physical Demands: Requires full range of body motion including moving and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time. Occasionally exerts up to 100 pounds of force, such as assisting patients in arising from the exam table, pushing patients in wheelchairs, or assisting patients into/out of wheelchairs. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. May require occasional lifting and carrying office supplies.
- Typical Working Conditions: May require frequent exposure to communicable diseases and body fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations, and other substances and conditions common to a medical office environment. Requires working in close proximity to other personnel. Requires use of computer keyboard throughout the work day. May require use of autoclave for instrument sterilization. Requires working under stressful conditions and/or working irregular hours.
- Arrives to work on time or notifies Patient Care Manager or designee as soon as employee becomes aware that s/he will be absent or tardy, and/or as per individual department protocol
- Maintains an acceptable attendance record as per CareMount Medical policies and procedures
- Notifies Patient Care Manager or designee whenever leaving CareMount Medical premises during scheduled work hours
- Attends all mandatory CareMount Medical programs and in-services
- Dresses according to CareMount Medical dress code
- Assumes responsibility for reading, understanding, and complying with information contained in the current CareMount Medical Employee Handbook, CareMount Medical Clinical and/or Administrative Policy & Procedure Manuals, as applicable
- Maintains patient confidentiality under all circumstances, and follows all CareMount Medical policies regarding confidentiality
- Assists Patient Care Manager and/or designee, and/or other administrative personnel when possible by taking on alternate assignments or other responsibilities, working additional hours, or altering regularly scheduled hours, when necessary, for the efficient operation of CareMount Medical
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Registered nurse licensed to practice in New York State (NYS) with current NYS registration and in good standing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.)
- Current BLS certification
- 2+ years of recent pertinent professional nursing experience in a hospital, medical office, or other clinical setting
- 1+ years of experience as a registered nurse or two years as a licensed practical nurse in a pertinent practice area
New York Residents Only: The hourly range for New York residents is $27.07 to $53.08 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign-On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign-On Bonus.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.