Actuarial Analyst - Eden Prairie, MN - 2182986
Begin your career at UnitedHealth Group and you’ll get an opportunity to do something extraordinary with your first job out of school: make a real difference. We have modest goals: Help 149 million people live healthier lives. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations attract a certain type of person. Talented. Brilliant. Compassionate. Driven. You’ll find these people everywhere you turn here. You’ll also find a world of career options fueled by your performance and limited only by imagination. Start here. And start doing your life’s best work.SM
What makes your Actuarial career greater with UnitedHealth Group? Actuaries are the decision-making engine for our business, that is why we support you from day one. We offer a competitive study program with paid time off to study, expense reimbursement for study materials and pay raises for passing exams. Advancement, access to data, variety of product lines, and rewards for delivering on our mission ensures you will always be challenged to do your best. Our businesses serve the entire spectrum of health care participants: individual consumers and employers, commercial payers and intermediaries, physicians, hospitals, pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers, and more, providing you with a career that is challenging, exciting, and integral in helping to write the history of our organization.
**This Early Careers full-time finance opportunity in actuarial will be available starting in Summer 2024**
**UnitedHealth Group is not able to offer relocation assistance for this position**
- Providing complex analytical support to actuaries in the development and implementation of recommendations
- Assisting in developing innovative strategies, policies, and procedures
- Analyze and interpret the key drivers of health care trends to help leaders make business decisions
- Initiating, compiling, and preparing analytical models, tools and databases
- Other responsibilities may include expense cost projections, unpaid claim reserve cost estimates and compiling various financial reports
Potential areas of focus may include but are not limited to:
- Healthcare Economics
- Data Analytics
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Currently in final year of obtaining a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college / university or obtained degree within the last 24 months; degree must be obtained prior to start of employment
- Completion of one or more actuarial exams by start of position
- Minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA
- Education in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or another related technical field from an accredited college/university
- Actuarial internship or internship in related field
- Intermediate level of proficiency working with Microsoft Excel, including formulas, calculations, pivot tables, charts, graphs, etc.
- Basic level of proficiency with MS Word, Power Point. and Outlook
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.