Operations Solutions Architect - Remote - 2194758
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Operations Solutions Architect will have accountability for working directly with Senior Leadership within Product, Operations and Technology to design, architect and implement programs/services across a clinical operation. The role will include the strategic management and leadership over work-stream(s) that will focus on the design and implementation of new program or product offerings.
This role will assess clinical models for effectiveness / clinical quality and design the staffing model associated with the program. They will oversee and assess, design and implement all operational business requirements for technology and operational design. This role will also be involved in co-designing the criteria for predictive modeling or member identification in addition to evaluating, designing and implementing quality/performance evaluation for the agents. This role will also maintain accountability for program artifacts including project plan, status, budget, staffing analysis etc.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Works directly with Senior Leadership within Product, Operations and Technology to design and implement programs/services across a clinical operation
- Drive the deployment of programs within the operation and can expand to end-to-end oversight of the deployment
- Strategically balances clinical & business priorities to make recommendations on the solution and timing of the implementation
- Consults with Senior Leadership across business stakeholders to review and provide recommendations for future development
- Develops and implements strategy for global communication, program artifacts and coordination of training for the new initiatives
- Design and implement solutions leveraging fact-based rationale, incorporating applicable best practices with proven outcomes while supporting an agile business model
- Drive successful change management and support adoption of innovation across the business
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
Years of post-high school education can be substituted/is equivalent to years of experience
- 3+ years of direct hands-on product development within healthcare inclusive of implementation experience
- 3+ years of project management experience
- 2+ years of product redesign or enhancement experience
- Experience leading and managing change initiatives
- Experience in developing program artifacts including but not limited to project plans, business requirements, executive summary, staffing analysis, budget status, etc.
- Demonstrated experience of data analytic and problem solving skills including analyzing , monitoring and creating solutions
- Demonstrated experience holding individuals accountable and influencing without authority
- Demonstrated experience acting as a strategic consultant to product, operational and technology matrix partners
- Proven process improvement skills / experience
- Proficient with MS Office Suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project and Visio
- Proven excellent presentation skills with ability to simplify and communicate complex data to global project team
- Proven interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills
- Proven solid influencer with demonstrated skills in innovative thinking to optimize health care system
- Proven track record of exceptional oral and written communication across varying audiences within a matrixed organization
- Demonstrated ability to organize and thrive in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
- Project Management Certification
- Agile experience
- Healthcare practice management or operations management experience
- Healthcare Industry experience
- Business writing / RFP experience
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $85,000 to $167,300 per year. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.