Care Team Associate - 2200049
Opportunities with Optum in the Tri-State region (formerly CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH New York and Riverside Medical Group). Come make a difference in the lives of people who turn to us for care at one of our hundreds of locations across New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. Work with state-of-the-art technology and brilliant co-workers who share your passion for helping people feel their best. Join a dynamic health care organization and discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Optum in the tri-state region (formerly CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH New York and Riverside Medical Group) offers an interconnected network that enables us to work collaboratively to better coordinate care among our doctors and care teams. Together, we offer you and your family access to more than 2,100 providers, representing 70 specialties, working in 360 medical practices and more than 55 urgent care locations across New York, New Jersey, and Southern Connecticut. For more information, visit www.optum.com
The Care Team Associate (CTA) will effectively support the successful implementation and execution of all Care Management processes. The Care Team Associate will provide support to care management team including CM manager, CM Director, and CM Vice President to ensure applicable program processes and operational responsibilities are met. The CTA provides support for Care Management processes.
This position is responsible for the daily census management, task management, and general coordination functions. This position will serve as a liaison with internal/external customers/departments to ensure optimal customer service.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides clerical and/or administrative support to clinical staff and managers for special projects and reporting needs
- Documents all member interactions in a concise manner that is compliant with documentation requirements for Model of Care, NCQA and Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) regulations
- Receives and responds to incoming Care Coordination inquiries from all communication venues: e.g., phone queue, CM/UM electronic platform, portal, department e-mail box or RightFax
- Coordinates and assists in monitoring of documentation Care Management queues for Disease Management, Transitions of Care, Complex Care, and Social Work referrals
- CTA processes CM requests via all communication venues; as well as administrative preparation for clinical staff
- Conducts in-bound and out-bound calls for program requirements including, but not limited to: member scheduling, surveys/screenings, satisfaction/complaints, census management and distribution of materials to appropriate clinical personnel or members
- Completes timely data entry of in-bound and/or out-bound call member contact information into software applications
- Provides excellent customer service by serving as a resource to all internal and external customers
- Attends required meetings and participate in adhoc committees as needed
- Maintains knowledge of all health plan benefits, network, NCQA regulations, health plan policies
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement in all aspects of member care
- Provides effective communication to improve the patient’s health literacy.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality at all times
- Must adhere to all department/organizational policies and procedures
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
Years of post-high school education can be substituted/is equivalent to years of experience
- 6+ months of customer service and engagement experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook
Proven ability to toggle between multiple IT systems and platforms
- Willing or ability to work our normal business hours of 8:00am – 4:00pm EST, Monday – Friday
- Must be 18 years of age OR older
- Certified Medical Assistant training or certification
- 2+ years of experience in a physician’s clinic or hospital
- 2+ years of administrative support experience
- Additional years of experience working in a medical care setting as a receptionist or medical assistant
- Medical terminology knowledge base
- Able to prioritize, plan, and handle multiple tasks/demands simultaneously
New York Residents Only: The hourly range for New York residents is $16.00 to $27.31 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.