RN - Urgent Mobile Visits in Little Rock, Arkansas - 2188420
$7500 Sign-on-Bonus for External Candidates
Optum Home & Community Care, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is creating something new in health care. We are uniting industry-leading solutions to build an integrated care model that holistically addresses an individual’s physical, mental and social needs – helping patients access and navigate care anytime and anywhere.
As a team member of our Landmark product, we help bring home-based medical care to complex, chronic patients. This life-changing work helps give older adults more days at home.
We’re connecting care to create a seamless health journey for patients across care settings. Join our team, it’s your chance to improve the lives of millions while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
The Urgentivist Extender (LPN/LVN) conducts in-home/field-based visits to address urgent clinical issues with Homebased Medical Care (HbMC) patients. While on-site, the Urgentivist Extender will evaluate patients and communicate, via telephone or secure video, with the supervising provider. The HbMC provider will direct the evaluation and care provided. All activities will fall within the employee’s scope of practice as set by the State they are practicing in.
- Collect Patient Information: Vital signs, physical exam, point of care testing (E.g. – glucose levels), venipuncture, EKG, medication compliance and reconciliation, adherence to discharge instructions, etc.
- Patient procedures: Perform phlebotomy and IV placement and therapy, wound care, catheter care and replacement. Administer nebulizer treatments, and teaching proper protocol, wound care, medication administration, etc. Procedure directives are only performed per the supervising HbMC provider’s direction
- Patient and caregiver education: Common chronic conditions and education topics include congestive heart failure, COPD, diabetes, hypertension, dementia, fall risk assessment, overall health literacy per the direction of the HbMC provider
- HbMC Provider collaboration: Utilize concise and articulate communication to remotely discuss evaluation and treatment with supervising HbMC Provider. This collaboration will occur during every patient visit unless the Urgentivist Extender is following an approved HbMC protocol (e.g. Post-Hospital Visit)
- Care coordination: Schedule follow-up telephonic or in-home interactions as needed
- Documentation: Assist supervising HbMC Provider with documenting findings and outcomes of the visit, while also documenting the findings described to the provider in the electronic medical record
- Access to reliable transportation required; if you are driving a vehicle, you must comply with all the terms of the Optum Motor Vehicle Safety policy
- Other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current LPN or LVN state license
- Valid state drivers license
- 1+ years of experience providing patient care (homebased, geriatrics, or complex populations preferred).
- Comfortable working with electronic medical records and mobile technology
- Proven solution-oriented mindset and work approach. Charisma and a natural ability to connect with others
- Proven excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a solid emphasis on empathy and building rapport with patients
- Ability to work a variety of shifts
- Access to reliable transportation
- 1+ years of experience providing patient care (homebased, geriatrics, or complex populations
- Experience and proficiency in IV placement, wound care, catheter care, re/placement and phlebotomy
- Experience in rapid evaluation and treat setting
- Urgent care, emergency room, or community home health experience
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes – an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.