Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - WellMed Medical Group - Alice, TX - 2199905
A partner of the Optum Care network, WellMed Medical Group, is seeking a nurse practitioner or physician assistant to join our Alice clinic in Alice, TX.
- Quality vs. quantity – typically see 14 to 16 patients per day (30 min per visit)
- Instead of RVU or volume metrics, our providers are measured and rewarded on quality of care (most providers earn $15,000 bonuses, paid semi-annually)
- Start with 160 hours PTO in first year, plus 5 days for CME, and the clinics are closed for 8 national holidays
- Strong clinical support team that includes RNs, LVNs, MAs, nurse educators, case managers, clinic administrators, referral managers, coders, centralized scheduling, nurse advice line, and robust IT
- Collaborate with our primary care physicians (IM & FM), hospitalists, and network of employed/contracted sub-specialists
- Base salary plus annual quality bonus with a target of $15,000
- 401k with match, Executive Savings Plan, and UHG Employee Stock Purchase Program
- LTD and STD insurance at no cost to you
- Liability coverage that doesn’t require tail coverage ever
- OptumCare Physician Partnership Plan
- More comprehensive benefits from Optum Partner Services
What makes an OptumCare organization different?
- WellMed is mostly a Medicare Advantage Plan that operates as a health system focused on quality/value-based outcomes
- Providers, heal thyself! Our providers are the absolute best in caring for our patients, and we believe that our providers must also have time to care for themselves and their families
- Most of our leaders began their careers in our clinics, developing clinical and leadership growth opportunities for you
- We are influencing change on a national scale while maintaining the culture and community of our local care organizations
- We recognize that we are better together, and collaboration is the key to healthier patients and an invigorating work environment
At WellMed our focus is simple. We’re innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. WellMed has more than 22,000+ primary care physicians, hospitalists, specialists, and advanced practice clinicians who excel in caring for 900,000+ older adults across Texas and Florida.
- Certification through the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP), American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), or the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- Current Licensure through the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners OR Licensed Physician Assistant by the Texas State Medical Board or the ability to obtain prior to employment
- Valid DEA license or the ability to obtain one prior to employment
- 1+ year of clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
- Comfortable managing a primarily Medicare-aged patient population
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) fluency
- A working understanding and support of a managed care environment
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.