X-Ray Technician - 2197819
$5,000 Sign-on Bonus For External Candidates!
Careers with MedExpress. At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient, affordable health care and exceeding our patients’ expectations. Our neighborhood medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a full medical team and no appointments necessary to help patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what’s really important. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer health services. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we’re working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers across the country and two administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
As a Radiologic Technologist (X-ray Technologist, X-ray Tech), you will be responsible for performing all radiology services and other basic nursing duties as assigned. In addition, you will ensure the well-being of patients and provide a positive, supportive environment while working in conjunction with physicians, advanced practice clinicians, front office, and clinical staff.
Our teams utilize a collaborative working model to build connections across our centers and communities. The primary center for this position is Waldorf, MD, though you may also operate in other local work sites on an as needed basis.
Location: Waldorf, MD
Status: Full-time / 36 hours a week
Schedule: 3 days per week, 12-hour shifts (8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.)
Specialty: MedExpress Urgent Care
Hours may include rotating weekends/holidays and may vary with patient volume and business need.
- Perform accurate X-rays as ordered by the provider while practicing radiation safety precautions to include ALARA
- Prepare and transmit images to the radiologist for over-read and report results to providers
- Retrieve and archive radiographic reports; create/burn CDs in compliance with HIPAA regulations
- Perform detailed and accurate data collection during clinical intake of patients to include taking and recording vital signs and patient history
- Assist patients as needed with walking, transfer, specimen collection, exam prep, etc.
- Complete patient referrals and patient callbacks daily
In addition, you may receive:
- Hourly rate incentives (Flex Pay, Standby Pay)
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period
- Career development and training for other roles you may be interested in
- Medical Plan options, Dental, Vision, Life & AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic Technology
- Licensed and accredited by ARRT and State, if applicable and required by law
- Maintain CEU/CME as applicable for licensure
- Urgent care experience
- Experience working independently without the support of another radiologic technologist
- Experience working with pediatric and geriatric patients, taking patient vitals, performing point of care testing, performing employer health services, documenting in electronic medical records and PACS
- Proven ability to perform venipuncture and lab specimen collections
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.