Optum Tri State - Practice Performance Manager - 2199983
Opportunities with Optum in the Tri-State region (formerly CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH New York and Riverside Medical Group). Come make a difference in the lives of people who turn to us for care at one of our hundreds of locations across New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut. Work with state-of-the-art technology and brilliant co-workers who share your passion for helping people feel their best. Join a dynamic health care organization and discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Optum Tri-State brings patients local care, backed by national expertise. As a premier provider of health care services, Optum Tri-State offers services including primary care, urgent care, and a diverse range of specialty care, outpatient surgery, and imaging. Drawing on the knowledge of leading doctors and healthcare experts, Optum helps 1.6 million patients across 630 locations access high-quality, affordable healthcare within their community.
In addition to providing the highest quality of care, Optum Tri-State offers its patients the best hours of operation of any private practice in the country. Patients have around-the-clock access to a health-care team and have the benefit of same day and walk in appointments. As an advocate for prenatal health and education, Optum Tri-State offers prenatal classes every weekend free of charge. Optum Tri-State believes in giving back to their community and the patients they serve through health fairs, charitable giving/foundation, and free medical education.
The Practice Performance Manager is responsible for program implementation and provider performance management which is tracked by designated provider metrics, inclusive minimally of 4 STAR gap closure and coding accuracy. The person in this role is expected to work directly with care providers to build relationships, ensure effective education and reporting, proactively identify performance improvement opportunities through analysis and discussion with subject matter experts; and influence provider behavior to achieve needed results. The person will review charts (paper and electronic – EMR), look for gaps in care, perform telephonic assessments, help coordinate doctor appointments, make follow-up calls to members after appointments, and assist our members in overall wellness and prevention. Work is primarily performed at physician practices on a daily basis.
- Functioning independently, travel across assigned territory to meet with providers to discuss Optum tools and programs focused on improving the quality of care for Medicare Advantage Members
- Execute applicable provider incentive programs for health plan
- Assist in the review of medical records to highlight Star opportunities for the medical staff
- Activities include data collection, data entry, quality monitoring, upload of images, and chart collection activities
- Locate medical screening results/documentation to ensure quality measures are followed in the closure of gaps. Will not conduct any evaluation or interpretation of Clinical data and will be supervised by licensed and/or certified staff
- Establish positive, long-term, consultative relationships with physicians, medical groups, IPAs and ACOs
- Develop comprehensive, provider-specific plans to increase their HEDIS performance and improve their outcomes
- Provide ongoing strategic recommendations, training and coaching to provider groups on program implementation and barrier resolution
- Act as lead to pull necessary internal resources together in order to provide appropriate, effective provider education, coaching and consultation. Training will include Stars measures (HEDIS/CAHPS/HOS/med adherence), and Optum program administration, use of plan tools, reports and systems
- Coordinate and lead Stars-specific JOC meetings with provider groups with regular frequency to drive continual process improvement and achieve goals
- Provide reporting to health plan leadership on progress of overall performance, gap closure, and use of virtual administrative resource
- Facilitate/lead monthly or quarterly meetings, as required by plan leader, including report and material preparation
- Provide suggestions and feedback to Optum and health plan
- Work collaboratively with health plan market leads to make providers aware of Plan-sponsored initiatives designed to assist and empower members in closing gaps
- Includes up to 30% remote work and 70% local travel to Physician and Provider offices
- Other duties, as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
One year of post-high school education can be substituted/is equivalent to one year of experience.
- 3+ years of healthcare industry experience
- 1+ years of clinical or work experience for a health plan and/or for a provider’s office
- Experience with communication and presentation skills
- Experience building relationships with clinical and non-clinical personnel
- Microsoft Office specialist with exceptional analytical/data representation expertise; Advanced Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint skills
- Willing or ability to travel up to 70% to local Physician /Provider offices with 30% remote work
- 1+ years of STARs experience
- Consulting experience
- Experience in managed care working with network and provider relations/contracting
- Medical/clinical background
- Solid knowledge of electronic medical record systems
- Solid knowledge of the Medicare market
- Knowledge base of clinical standards of care, preventive health, and Stars measures
- Proven solid financial analytical background within Medicare Advantage plans (Risk Adjustment/STARS Calculation models)
- Proven solid problem-solving skills
New Jersey Residents Only: The salary range for New Jersey residents is $67,800 to $133,100 per year. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.