Nurse Practitioner (NP) In-Home Visits - Gadsden, AL - 2199158
$10,000 Sign-on Bonus for External Candidates
Optum Home & Community Care, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is creating something new in health care. We are uniting industry-leading solutions to build an integrated care model that holistically addresses an individual’s physical, mental and social needs – helping patients access and navigate care anytime and anywhere.
As a team member of our Landmark product, we help bring home-based medical care to complex, chronic patients. This life-changing work helps give older adults more days at home.
We’re connecting care to create a seamless health journey for patients across care settings. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
- Manage chronic illnesses in a complex elderly population with multimorbid conditions focused on wellness, avoiding unnecessary hospitalizations and ER visits, providing patient education about disease processes, improving overall quality of care, and increasing patient satisfaction in the healthcare system
- Document timely with an added focus on closing HEDIS quality gap measures and recapturing HCCs
- Engage new patients enrolling in the program with a comprehensive geriatric focused initial assessment that includes functional eval, social and safety assessments, cognitive screening, and mental health assessments and more
- Triage, diagnose, and treat patients on an urgent basis in home with an array of equipment and medications
- Order and interpret appropriate tests including x-rays, labs, and EKGs to diagnose, prescribe and treat within the provider’s scope of practice and consistent with the standards of care
- Start treatment in the home at the point of care
- Collaborate with patient’s PCP and specialists as needed
By observing your patients in their homes, you will gain valuable insights into aspects of their lives – sometimes subtle, but always important – that otherwise may never be revealed in a traditional care setting. You will have the resources of our custom electronic medical records (EMR) program, comprehensive mobile medical technology system, and dedicated technical support department.
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together – competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate from an accredited NP Program and have Certification through the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP), American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- Active and unrestricted State Nurse Practitioner license (in the state where the job is located)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), in addition to, an NP-focused graduate degree in a master’s or doctoral nursing program
- Current state RN license
- Valid DEA license or the ability to obtain one prior to employment
- Access to reliable transportation required; if you are driving a vehicle, you must comply with all the terms of the Optum Motor Vehicle Safety policy
- 2+ years of clinical NP experience in IM, Geriatrics, Primary Care, ED, Urgent Care, or similar setting
- Awareness about UM standards, NCQA requirements, CMS guidelines, Milliman guidelines, and Medicaid/Medicare contracts and benefit systems
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.