Warehouse Associate - 2198568
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data, and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
Optum is seeking a dynamic and motivated individual to fill the role Warehouse Associate (including Shipping and Receiving responsibilities) for a 300K sq. ft. specialty distribution center located in Columbus (Etna), OH. The Warehouse Associate will be on the team of an exciting new specialty distribution business serving patients with specialty and rare disease pharma manufacturers and providers by distributing and servicing therapies at the frontier of healthcare.
The successful candidate will be responsible for materials handling and product distribution in a distribution environment including warehousing and fulfillment of materials and products and performing/controlling a combination of manual or automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage, and shipment of product. This may include functions of receiving, picking, packing, shipping, staging, transporting, storage, delivery, and more. The individual will also be responsible for the efficient flow of products from the point of product receipt from vendors to the shipment of products (via prescribed service parameters) to a variety of internal and external customers. The individual must also be comfortable with automated approaches and should be able to utilize the functions of the warehouse management system in order to perform daily tasks. The individual must be able to utilize Optum’s software programs effectively to document all aspects of the above duties. The individual will be working in conjunction with several other staff members, so teamwork, cooperation, and communication skills will be crucial in our fast-paced environment. The individual will also be expected to participate in business growth and productivity improvement initiatives.
The Warehouse Associate will assist with inbound and outbound activities as requested by the site director meeting quality, safety, productivity, and operational standards. This job receives products in the inbound section, and ships products in the outbound section.
- Primary duties include order fulfillment, stocking and replenishment, and outbound shipping of customer orders
- Responsible for checking shipping documents from delivery/truck driver and ensures that shipment is properly addressed to the Distribution Center; rejects any deliveries made to an address other than the Optum Distribution Center address
- Load/Unload trailers in the Inbound section by using a pallet jack or equivalent devices to put pallets out of the trucks
- Uses WMS (Warehouse Management System) to check in products. While working with specialty products, must follow strict regulations to store refrigerated products
- Stores products in various warehouse locations using order picker or other devices
- Picks products from warehouse locations and loads into outbound trailers/trucks
- Follow established processes for order fulfillment. This includes accurately picking products, packing products, and preparing orders for shipment while performing quality control checks
- Cross-training in multiple areas of the warehouse and participating in projects as needed
- Perform housekeeping and inventory control tasks and maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Ability to follow direction and change priorities
- Uses pallet jacks and/or forklifts to move shipments from the end of the truck or loading dock to the receiving area with willingness to train and be certified to drive material handling equipment as required by job duty (Example equipment in the facility includes order picker (cherry picker), forklift, reach truck, turret truck, pallet jack, and walkie rider)
- Maintains a clean work area to help ensure that merchandise remains clean and to help prevent work related injuries
- Have a good overall understanding of DC workflow and can work with minimal guidance
- Separates shipments in the work area by purchase order numbers or suppliers for ease of verification
- Inspects all containers for signs of damage, expiration dates, signs of tampering, or any indications of non-saleable, units counts to ensure they match the number indicated on the shipping documents
- Records any shortages, over-shipments, or damaged goods on the shipping document and notifies the appropriate manager of any deliveries that have been refused
- Files all paperwork relating to the receiving function, including purchase orders, receivers, backorders, and ship-on-arrival orders
- Complies with all appropriate policies, procedures, safety rules and regulations
- Must be able to work overtime, when necessary, and participate in periodic physical inventory counts
- Follow established Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) to process orders including accurately picking, performing quality control checks, sorting, consolidating freight, building, and wrapping pallets, packing, loading, and preparing the orders for shipment
- Able to work well independently or as a member of a team
- A self-starter, organized, detail oriented, analytical, motivated, and capable problem solver
- Complies with all appropriate policies, procedures, safety rules and DEA regulations
- Perform all job duties in accordance with OSHA standards and adhere to all policies, rules, regulations, and procedures set by the organization
- All other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher)
- Intermediate level of proficiency with basic computer programs such as MS Office
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to work with heights up to 20-30 ft. regularly
- Ability to work 8:30am – 4:30pm Monday – Friday
- 1+ years of experience working in a warehouse
- Previous warehouse experience and comfort at heights up to 30 feet on power equipment
- Experience with RF scanners and/or QA
- Applies acquired knowledge and skills to complete standard tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Readily learns and applies new information and methods to work in assigned area
- Works on routine assignments that require some problem resolution
- Works within clearly defined standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods
- Work typically involves regular review of output by work lead or supervisor
- Ability to work closely with other members of the team
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure with positive attitude
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to remain flexible and respond to changing priorities while remaining focused on meeting goals with intermittent distractions
- Good written and spoken communication skills including the ability to read and understand the English language for the purpose of reading, shipping, and receiving documents and product labels and communication to all levels of personnel
- Must possess basic mathematical skills, strong interpersonal skills; ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with others
- Strong organizational and time management skills; detail oriented, with ability to maintain focus with intermittent distractions
- Ability to use good judgment in order to carry out detailed instructions.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Professionalism and mature sense of accountability
- Capable of moving and organizing pharmaceutical product
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.