Director of Pharmacy Operations - Kansas & Nebraska - Field-Based - 2195206
Opportunities with Genoa Healthcare. A career with Genoa Healthcare means you’re part of a collaborative effort to serve behavioral health and addiction treatment communities. We do more than just provide medicine: we change lives for the better. People with serious mental or chronic illness – and those who care for them – have moving stories, and at Genoa we become their voice, their partner. Working as part of a coordinated care team, we partner with community-based providers and others to ensure that people with complex health conditions get the right medications and are able to follow their treatment plans. Our personalized services – in-clinic pharmacies, medication management and more – are leading the way to a new level of care.
Genoa is a pharmacy care services company that is part of Optum and UnitedHealth Group’s family of businesses. We are part of a leading information and technology-enabled health services business dedicated to making the health system work better for everyone. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Director of Pharmacy Operations will be responsible for aligning pharmacy programs and day to day operations at multiple pharmacies around the needs of our customers. This will require listening to our clients’ needs and creating a great customer experience. This individual will need to think of large scale out of the box solutions and innovative ways to continually grow our business. The Director will need to develop, retain and acquire top talent to meet the evolving needs of the business. This individual will be a servant leader who invests in creating an inclusive environment that fosters innovation, employee development and a highly engaged, top performing leadership team and workforce. There will be a multiple level of stakeholders, complexities, compliance adherence and balancing priorities amongst several different locations.
***This field-based position will oversee pharmacy operations in the states of Kansas and Nebraska and must be located in the region.***
- Provide strategic direction and manage the operations across multiple pharmacies
- Invest time with multiple clinic partnerships to develop and enhance the relationships
- Develop innovative ways to capture new patients and overall business growth
- Collaborate well with internal business partners and vendors to communicate strategic vision to provide more value-add partnerships
- Act as a Talent Steward by motivating and developing a high-performance management team; attract, recruit, and retain world-class talent
- Lead efforts and model behaviors that encourage maximum team performance and engagement
- Create a culture that promotes inclusion, diversity, fostering innovation, collaboration and employee development
- Ensure all pharmacy operational standards are in compliance with local, state and federal regulations and follow the Board of Pharmacy protocol
- Financial performance and budget at the assigned region
- Comply with all HIPAA rules and regulations
- Ensure security measures are taken to avoid theft or loss within pharmacy sites
- Serve as liaison between Genoa and the Community Mental Health Centers we serve
Management Success Practices:
- Being Customer-Centric: focus the team on the customer and design from the outside in. They find out what their customers want, then design processes and plan the work to create a better customer experience
- Cultivating Team Engagement: be responsible for creating and maintaining a high level of engagement with team members and others. The interpersonal climate that exists in a team is the combined result of how well each member works with others, deals with motivational ups and downs, resolves conflict, and communicates optimism and energy
- Facilitating Execution Plans: translate an enterprise strategy into a workable local tactical plan. Managers must decide what path to follow, what tasks need to be done and by whom, how progress is going to be measured, what resources are needed and what contingency plans to put in place if something goes wrong. Finally, the plan needs to be properly communicated so everyone on the team can follow it
- Fostering Innovation: adapt and innovate in response in response to changes in customer sentiment and conditions surrounding the team. Creating the conditions to be restless, stay curious and foster innovation requires that managers listen without judgement and employees stay open to change and are willing to explore new ideas and possibilities
- Acquiring, Assessing and Deploying Talent: responsible for sourcing, screening, hiring, onboarding, orientation, deploying, training, developing, and terminating employment when that is called for
- Growth Mindset: with a growth mindset you are positive, optimistic, and confident things will get better and turn out well. You stay curious, expect success and are courageous
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of pharmacy operations experience
- 5+ years of leadership experience
- Proven ability to adhere to the highest ethical standards
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 75%
- Pharmacy degree
- 3+ years of multi-site pharmacy operations leadership experience
- Proven exceptional interpersonal and communication (verbal, listening) skills
- Proven high level of business acumen
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 8 paid holidays and generous PTO
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401K Retirement Benefits
- Bonus potential
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes – an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.