Registered Dietician Nutritionist Endocrinology - 2194004
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration, and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
The Everett Clinic is a long-standing and thriving physician-led practice that is focused on continually supporting and growing an outstanding team that works together to provide high-quality patient-centered care.
We are seeking a Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist (CDCES) or RD and CDE, with at least one year of experience in diabetes education and management and in medical nutrition therapy. This is a full-time position (40 hours). There is a strong preference for candidates who have diabetes pump certification for devices currently on the market.
As part of the Diabetes Education team, you will work closely with the Endocrinology providers as well as support Primary Care providers to:
- Provide one-on-one consultation for patients on diabetes devices
- Provide Diabetes Self-Management Education and Medical Nutrition Therapy as per provider referral
- Teach diabetes classes
- Provide appropriate documentation in Epic
- Work with the diabetes education team to develop a comprehensive diabetes device program
- Actively interact with physicians and staff, promoting a team approach to medical care
- Follow up on requests for diabetes or nutrition information from teammates and patients promptly via phone, email or MyChart
- Promote positive interpersonal relationships with fellow teammates, providers, physicians and patients
- Attend monthly meetings for Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialists
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current registration and certification (RD and CDE) both required if not CDCES
- AHA-BLS certification
- Bachelor of Science or Master’s degree
- Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist
- Device certification with Medtronic, Tandem, Omnipod
- 2+ years of experience in diabetes self-management education, medical nutrition therapy and diabetes management
- Knowledge of diabetes management and various diets for medical nutrition therapy: diabetes, pre-diabetes, congestive heart failure, hyperlipidemia, hypertension, GERD, gout, celiac, PCOS, chronic kidney disease
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public
- Competent with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Able to type notes in timely manner. Epic experience
- Reads, speaks, understands, and writes clearly in English. Works with initiative, energy, and effectiveness in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong teaching, counseling, and negotiation skills
Washington Residents Only: The salary range for Washington residents is $67,800 to $133,100 per year. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.