Lifestyle & Metabolic Medicine Nutritionist - 2199185
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here’s your opportunity. We’re going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Polyclinic is seeking a Registered Dietician or Certified Nutritionist (Holistically Focused Weight Management Program) for the Lifestyle and Metabolic Medicine team in Seattle, WA.
Collaborate with MD as part of a healthcare team to help clients achieve their metabolic health and weight management goals with an emphasis on a whole-foods-based diet, behavior change psychology, and guided physical activity.
Hours: 40 hours a week, may include some evenings to teach night classes.
- Collaborate with MD to help patients achieve their metabolic health and weight management goals
- Emphasize reduced carbohydrate whole-foods based diet with lifestyle interventions to promote weight loss
- Aid in establishing realistic goals and client expectations
- Support physical activity, stress management, and sleep goals as part of holistic approach
- Perform medical nutrition therapy (nutrition assessment, evaluation, and counseling) based on individual client needs and concerns
- Promote client empowerment and accountability
- Maintain regular follow up with clients through a combination of face-to-face interactions, telephone calls, social media engagement and online (MyChart) follow up
- Provide meal planning as necessary; sound knowledge of cooking preferred
- Teach weekly group nutrition classes and moderate monthly support group for patients
- Coach participants through behavior modification to aid in long-term change, including assessment of readiness for change and motivational interviewing
- Maintain program website and social media website for patient resources and inspiration
- Code and bill for visits as appropriate
- Assist in documentation for consultant MD when seeing patients together
- Attend and contribute to team meetings regarding program needs and goals
- Create and provide educational resources based on client needs
- Maintain continuing education and familiarity with current research in the field
- Assist in patient scheduling, check-in, insurance verification, and rooming
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Here’s the ‘Why’
- Patient-centered, team-based and collaborative work environment
- Highly competitive above market compensation and benefits
- High patient satisfaction
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BA and/or Master’s degree in food and nutrition, dietetics, nutritional sciences, human nutrition, functional medicine or comparable field
- Certified dietitian, State of Washington, Health Professionals Quality Assurance Division
- Certified Nutrition Specialist or Registered dietician (RD)
- 5+ years of experience in outpatient dietetics, Obesity Medicine or diabetes management experience
- Experience using reduced carbohydrate diets to manage metabolic disease
- Interest Paleo/low carb/fasting/high protein approaches to patient health
- Experience teaching group classes and or leading support groups
- Suggested emphasis on weight management and behavioral change
- Personal experience or interest in exercise science, physical training, and/or sports nutrition.
- Comfortable and supportive of some patients using FDA approved anti-obesity medications as part of our comprehensive weight loss and metabolic health treatment plan
Washington Residents Only: The salary range for Washington residents is $46,700 to $91,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.