Clinical Administrative Coordinator - 2192976
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here’s your opportunity. We’re going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Clinical Administrative Coordinator is responsible for scheduling diagnostic tests and appointments for the radiology department, consistent with patient needs and requests. Accurately schedules and pre-registers patients into different computer programs for procedures and exams. Adheres to policies, procedures and regulations to ensure compliance and patient safety. Participation in Compliance and other important training is a condition of employment.
- Accurately schedules and coordinates patient appointments for exams and procedures
- Gathers insurance information and pre-registers patients into the necessary systems and provides patients with direction on applicable pre and post-operative preps
- Obtains verification of benefits and coordinates pre-authorization with Clinic
- Coordinate with external groups/physicians/hospitals to set up and confirm scheduling for procedures
- Accurately uses procedure codes to ensure proper billing
- Communicates verbal and written orders in accordance with policies and procedures
- Handles telephone calls in an efficient manner to meet corporate guidelines for waits and delays as well as meeting abandonment ratio criteria
- Ensures accurate placement of patients on the various schedules at all facilities to enable timely delivery of service to the patient
- Performs reminder calls and checks eligibility daily as needed
- Provides clerical support for assigned areas to include scanning, filing, data entry
- Other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
Years of post-high school education can be substituted/is equivalent to years of experience
- 6+ months of directly related experience
- Scheduling knowledge
- Proven basic computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and work independently
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- 1+ years of related experience
- Registration and insurance knowledge
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment