Medical Technologist - The Polyclinic - 2197351
$5,000 Sign-on Bonus for External Candidates
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here’s your opportunity. We’re going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Optum’s Pacific West region is redefining health care with a focus on health equity, affordability, quality, and convenience. From California to Oregon and Washington, we are focused on helping more than 2.5 million patients live healthier lives and helping the health system work better for everyone. At Optum Pacific West, we care. We care for our team members, our patients, and our communities. Join our culture of caring and make a positive and lasting impact on health care for millions.
This position is accountable to perform laboratory procedures and evaluations in order to assist physicians in diagnosis and to provide quality patient care.
Persons in this position will support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of our Clinic and must demonstrate a commitment to quality service to patients, physicians, the public and co-workers. As a technologist in our clinical laboratory, you will perform all aspects of routine and complex testing. You will apply knowledge of techniques, principles, quality control, theory and instrumentation as well as test interdependency and physiological conditions affecting test results, critical result limits, normal ranges and/ or toxic or therapeutic ranges, to ensure accuracy. You will recognize, troubleshoot and initiate corrective action for problems in a timely manner. You will act professionally in the best interest of patient care.
- Accurately identifies patients and patient samples per policy
- Maintains specimen integrity
- Efficiently and accurately reports results from computer screen
- Documents received and open dates on supplies as required by policy
- Promptly notifies supervisor of low inventory
- Effectively communicates status of workload to supervisor or incoming staff member
- Maintains an organized work environment to enable another to take over job duties
- Demonstrates use of the most commonly used functions of the Laboratory Information System
- Utilizes Laboratory Information System and Outlook to its maximum
- Prepares needed reagents and controls for diagnostic testing of samples
- Performs testing of proficiency testing samples with documentation, in accordance with patient sample testing procedures
- Prepares and maintains analytical equipment in proper operating condition in accordance with specific policy and procedure
- Follows laboratory guidelines when test systems are not within acceptable limits.
- Initiates phone calls for timely communication of STAT and/or critical results as outlined in Laboratory Policy
- Participates in teaching students and training of new staff members
- Completes and documents annual continuing education in a timely manner
- Assist supervisor in development, implementation, and evaluation of new techniques, methods or procedures
- Assumes technical supervisory role in absence of Department Supervisor (MT only)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor of Science Degree and Certification as a Medical Technologist (ASCP)
- MT (ASCP), MLS(ASCP)
- Knowledge of medical terminology to communicate with medical staff regarding laboratory procedures and results
- Skill in performing a full range of laboratory tests
- 1+ years of laboratory experience
Washington Residents Only: The hourly range for Washington residents is $22.45 to $43.89 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment