Associate Director of Emerging Technologies - Remote - 2198785
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated, Digital Transformation Leader to join our team and lead the organizational data science initiatives. This is a fantastic opportunity for a leader to join the global Digital Transformation team and make an impact.
The Digital Transformation Leader will be accountable for the strategy, design, and execution of our company’s digital transformation, data science, and analytics initiatives. This role will ensure successful delivery of data science projects to meet the company’s goals in terms of market reach, revenue growth, and customer satisfaction.
The successful candidate should have a passion for data science, and a deep understanding of how to identify and execute data-driven opportunities. They will also have a proven ability to work cross-functionally and collaborate with other teams.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead the development, implementation, and execution of company’s digital transformation, data science, and analytics strategy
- Establish and maintain principles, processes, standards, and operating models
- Guide development, delivery, and deployment of advanced analytics initiatives and processes
- Manage team of data scientists to develop and maintain predictive models and algorithms
- Support development, testing, and execution of data engineering processes
- Interpret and communicate technical details to stakeholders
- Develop documentation for models, methods, and algorithms
- Monitor and provide feedback on performance of analytics solutions
- Develop and implement strategic roadmaps and tactical goals for data science teams
- Lead and manage a portfolio of diverse data science workstreams, including GenAI, Machine Learning, and Statistical Modeling
- Travel 25% – 40%
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
Years of post-high school education can be substituted/is equivalent to years of experience
Certifications any of the following:
- Deep Learning Specialization
- Natural Language Processing
- Computer Vision
- Neural Network and Deep Learning
- Sequence Modeling
- 5+ years of experience Enterprise Solution or Data Architectural experience
- 5+ years of experience Machine Learning
- 5+ years of experience Statistical Modeling
- 5+ years of experience Programming Python
- 5+ years of experience Cloud (GCP, Azure, AWS, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience Big Data Tools
- 5+ years of experience SQL/NoSQL (DataStore Terdata, HBase, MongoDB, BigQuery, SnowFlake, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience with tools Azure DevOps, Docker, Azure Repo, Bitbucket, Github, PowerBI, etc.
- 5+ years of experience Visualization
- 2+ years of experience Responsible-AI
- 1+ years of experience GenAI
- Certifications in Deep Learning Specialization
- Proven analytical thinking, Communication skills, Strategic thinking,
- Proven teamwork and collaboration skills
- Proven solid skills in optimization, hyper-parameter tuning, regularization techniques
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $101,200 to $184,000 per year. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment