Patient Access Coordinator (Call Center) - ProHealth Physicians (Optum) - Farmington, CT - 2190932
If you are within a commutable distance of Farmington, CT, you will have the flexibility to work from home and the office in this hybrid role* as you take on some tough challenges.
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
This is a primarily inbound call center dealing with scheduling appointments for our over 80 offices across the state. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer service and preferably experience working over the phone. They need to be confident with multi-tasking. They will be navigating our scheduling system while also speaking on the phone to patients. This is a fast-paced, high-volume environment. The ideal candidate will also be able to not take difficult situations with patients personally. There are also some outbound call responsibilities for appointment reminders.
This position is full-time. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules between the hours of 8:00am – 7:00pm. (There is also a 30-minute unpaid lunch break. 10:00am is the latest a shift can start. They are also open on weekend. Sometimes, they can do 4 10s as well candidates must have solid 8.5 hours). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends.
We offer 4 – 6 weeks of on-the-job training. The hours of the training will be aligned with your schedule.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Respond to inbound inquiries and appointment scheduling requests for medical services
- Schedule appointments in practice management system in accordance with triage guideline, scheduling protocols and patient preferences
- Make outbound calls to eligible patients
- Recommend next best actions or cross promotional opportunities to patients and provide education on appropriate additional services or preventive health opportunities
- Listen to patient concerns and offer appropriate recommendations based on guidelines
- Call patients who are at – risk for not showing up with appointment reminders
- Document all caller information in customer relations management (CRM) tool
- Document and provide feedback from callers to the appropriate parties for follow – up and / or resolution
- Communicate with physician office staff on patient concerns, requests and scheduling changes
- Ensure that all actions comply with relevant guidelines protecting personal and health information (e.g., HIPAA requirements)
- Follow departmental policies & procedures, workflow guidelines and escalation processes at all times
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED
- Computer proficiency: keyboarding skills and / OR experience with scheduling and / OR electronic medical records systems
- Ability to work shifts between Call Center hours of 8:00am – 7:00pm (multiple shift times available) including the flexibility to work occasional overtime or weekends
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- 2+ years of customer service experience; experience in a call center environment
- Experience in the healthcare industry or medical office
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite with emphasis on Excel, Word and Outlook
- Familiarity with medical terminology and medical insurance requirements
- Reside within a commutable distance of Farmington, CT
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
Connecticut Residents Only: The hourly range for Connecticut residents is $16.00 – $31.44 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.