Telephonic Case Manager RN - Hybrid - 2197397
$5,000 Sign-on Bonus for external candidates
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
We’re making a solid connection between exceptional patient care and outstanding career opportunities. The result is a culture of performance that’s driving the health care industry forward. As a Telephonic Case Manager RN, you’ll support a diverse member population with education, advocacy, and connections to the resources they need to feel better and get well. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Apply today!
Onsite Training: Monday thru Friday (9am thru 6pm EST) for 5 weeks
Flexible Hybrid Schedule Post Training with option to move to full time telecommute when fully trained
Optional Shift: 8-hour (5 days 11:30am-9pm) or 10-hour (4 days 10:30am-9pm)
*Business Hours: 9am to 9pm EST
If you are located in Atlanta, Georgia, you will have the flexibility to work from home and the office in this hybrid role* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Making outbound calls and taking inbound calls to assess members’ current health status
- Identifying gaps or barriers in treatment plans
- Providing patient education to assist with self – management
- Interacting with Medical Directors on challenging cases
- Coordinating care for members
- Educating members on disease processes
- Encouraging members to make healthy lifestyle changes
- Documenting and tracking findings
- Making post – discharge calls to ensure that discharged member receive the necessary services and resources
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
Years of post-high school education can be substituted/is equivalent to years of experience
- A current, unrestricted RN license in the State of Georgia
- 3+ years of RN experience in a hospital setting, acute care, direct care experience OR experience as a telephonic Case Manager for an insurance company
- Computer proficiency, to include solid data entry skills and the ability to navigate a Windows environment (Word, Outlook, Excel, and Internet)
- Willingness to obtain multiple state and/or compact licensure within 60 days of hire
- Ability to travel to the Sandy Springs Atlanta, GA office
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Medical / Surgical, Home Health, Diabetes or Cardiac experience or certification
- A background in managed care
- Case or disease management experience
- Experience working with Medicare / geriatric patients
- Experience / exposure with discharge planning
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.