Per Diem Patient Access Representative (Maine Coast Hospital) - Ellsworth, ME - 2199932
$ 3,000 Sign-On Bonus for External Candidates
Opportunities at Northern Light Health, in strategic partnership with Optum. Whether you are looking for a role in a clinical setting or supporting those who provide care, we have opportunities for you to make a difference in the lives of those we serve. As a statewide health care system in Maine, we work to personalize and streamline health care for our communities. If the place for you is at a large medical center, a rural community practice or home care, you will find it here. Join our compassionate culture, enjoy meaningful benefits and discover the meaning behind: Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
As Patient Access Representative, we are often the first point of contact for our patients and their families. As such we value representing an important first impression. Our professionalism, expertise and dedication help ensure that our patients receive the quality of care they need. We are diligent in obtaining complete and accurate insurance and demographic information in a timely manner, this enable us to provide high quality, compassionate health care service to all who need them, regardless of their ability to pay.
This position is a Per Diem role, or as needed. We have multiple open shifts.
Per Diem associates must work a minimum of 16 hours per month, usually 2, eight-hour shifts. And even these hours are extra flexible at times, allowing 4 hour blocks and sometimes less depending on the need. Per Diems work when there is a vacancy and we have a number of vacancies currently. There are opportunities to work the minimum, 16-hours per month and there are opportunities to work considerably more. We welcome and encourage you to pick up even more shifts, but we also respect your need for student-work-life balance. For candidates willing to travel to any higher need area, we will pay travel expenses / personal mileage on top of the base salary. Days may vary but shifts will be for afternoons and evenings from 2:00pm – midnight. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime and/or weekends. Our office is located at Northern Light Maine Coast Hospital – 50 Union St, Ellsworth, Maine 04605.
We offer 3-4 weeks of on the job onsite training. The Training hours will be during the Per Diem shift worked.
- Communicates directly with patients and / or families either in person or on the phone to complete the registration process by collecting patient demographics, health information, and verifying insurance eligibility / benefits
- Responds to patient and caregivers inquiries related to routine and sensitive topics always in a compassionate and respectful manner
- Utilizes computer systems to enter access or verify patient data in real – time ensuring accuracy and completeness of information
- Generates, reviews and analyzes patient data reports and follows up on issues and inconsistencies as necessary
- Work collaboratively with Nursing, Physicians, Case Managers, and patient families
- Check in patients, schedule appointments and answer billing questions
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED
- 6+ months of experience in an office setting, customer service setting (over the phone or face to face) or phone support role or call center environment
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Must be 18 years of age OR older
- Reside within a 30 mile commutable distance from work location
- Ability to work a Per Diem or as needed schedule
- Ability to work any shift of days, evenings and weekends
- Ability to work a minimum of 16 hours per month, usually 2, 8-hour shifts. However, hours are extra flexible at times, allowing 4-hour blocks and sometimes less depending on the need. Per Diems work when there is a vacancy. Days may vary but shifts will be for afternoons and evenings from 2:00pm – midnight. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime and/or weekends
- Full Flu vaccination are an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate Flu booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- 1+ years of Registration experience in a hospital or medical setting
- Understanding of medical terminology
- Working knowledge of insurance policies and procedures and patient care settings
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.