Medical Receptionist - 2196228
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data, and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
A Medical Receptionist works under general and direct supervision to perform various routine and complex clerical duties as defined in department operating procedures or supervisory instructions; deals regularly with other clinic or support operations personnel, patients, and other visitors to ensure excellent internal and public relations; works directly with insurance representatives and other vendors, suppliers, and sources to complete tasks; and processes a high volume of transactions with accuracy.
The primary duties of the Medical Receptionist job are office and operation support clerk duties and responsibilities in various departments and settings. The duties and responsibilities range from basic filing, reception, document distribution and like activities to those requiring progressively more advanced knowledge of specialized processes, and abilities to handle progressively more detailed and difficult transactions.
Location: 245 Terracina Blvd STE 102 Redlands, CA 92373
Schedule: Variable: Must be able to work every weekend and other scheduled workdays shifts will include days from 6:30am to 3:00pm and nights 2:45pm to 11:15pm -business will set schedule
- Responsible for the check-in process for patient arrivals
- Responsible for Work queues and In-baskets in EMR
- Review and collect balances, including copayments and outstanding balances
- Receives, sorts, and files documents where appropriate
- Handles incoming and outgoing phone calls and fax messages in a timely manner
- Follows all department procedures relating to new and established patients
- Responsible for verifying insurance eligibility and benefits and making appropriate updates as needed
- Ensures the appropriate use of patient and other company related forms
- Ensures the proper collection and posting of payments on accounts and issues receipts
- Required to accurately balance collected monies and securing funds at all times
- Notifies appropriate personnel of entity records that need to be combined or deleted
- Schedules patients for appointments in accordance with scheduling criteria
- Performs electronic medical records functions
- Ensures the adherence to processes as dictated by policy, procedure, and the Registration Manual
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience working in a customer service role
- 1+ years of experience working in a healthcare office setting
California Residents Only: The hourly range for California residents is $16.00 to $27.31 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.