Associate Patient Care Coordinator - 2190744
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data, and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
The Associate Patient Care Coordinator is responsible to the Center Administrator and provides appointment scheduling, patient registration, cashiering, answers incoming calls and performs other related clerical functions. This primary role provides front office support functions.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8am to 5pm
Location: 2000 CYPRESS CROSSING Drive, Suite A, Orlando, FL 32837
- Accurately and professionally handling all front desk operations including answering phones, greeting patients, collection of applicable co-insurance and/or co-payments and scheduling of diagnostic and follow-up appointments, patient registration, insurance verification, balancing daily collections, addressing routine inquiries, and forwarding non-routine requests to appropriate personnel
- All Script New Patient Registration
- Patient Portal Management
- Greets patients as they arrive and manages 15 minute wait time
- Complete check-in and check-out tasks to include insurance verification, complete pre-authorizations and/or precertification of procedures, and copy required documents
- Collects co-payments, co-insurance, and deductibles and issues receipts
- Works daily reports, No Show reports, and other designated administrative reports according to office procedures
- Processes walk-in patients and visitors
- Manages medical records (maintains, files/scans, prepares for schedule)
- Ensures all correspondence is scanned and/or filed, processes requests for medical records release and maintains appropriate logs, etc.
- Performs clerical duties as directed
- Performs other duties as assigned
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together – competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of customer service experience in a healthcare environment
- 1 + years of experience with EMR computer applications
- Beginner level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Bilingual Spanish/ English
- Experience working in a medical front office position performing duties such as scheduling appointments, checking patients in/out, insurance verification, collecting co-pays, and maintaining medical records
- ICD 10 and CPT coding experience
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to work independently and maintain good judgment and accountability
- Demonstrated ability to work well with health care providers
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks to meet all deadlines
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to speak clearly and concisely, conveying information in a manner that others can understand, as well as ability to understand and interpret information from others
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.