Pharmacy Technician - 2199911
$3,000 SIGN ON BONUS FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data, and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
We seek a Pharmacy Technician to support all functions of the Genoa mental health and specialty pharmacy primarily through dispensing medical prescriptions and performing necessary clerical duties while under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist.
Location: This role is onsite in Dublin, OH; 525 Metro Place North Suite 150 Dublin, OH 43017.
Schedule: All candidates must be available to work Sunday: 8:30am to 5:00pm EST and Monday-Thursday: 2:30pm to 11:00pm EST
This is a central fill site with rotating shifts.
- Provides exceptional customer service to all consumers and members of the clinic staff
- Fills prescription orders and makes them available for verification under direct supervision of the registered pharmacist
- Orders, receives and stores incoming pharmacy supplies
- Receives and processes wholesaler medication orders
- Verifies medication stock and enters data in computer to maintain inventory records
- Works with the Pharmacist to asset in the pharmacy functions and keeping the pharmacy in compliance with all federal and state requirements
- Performs various clerical duties relating to the department
- Communicates with solid professional verbal and written communication skills
- This location is a central fill site: part of duties will include machine replenishment, verification and prepping of trays, assisting with inventory, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together – competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher) OR 6+ months of pharmacy technician experience
- Active and unrestricted Pharmacy Technician license in the state of Ohio
- Ability to stand for 8 – 10 hours per day
- Access to reliable transportation
- Ability to work Sundays
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification
- Pharmacy and prescription data entry experience
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign-on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.