Care Manager Bilingual Preferred Optum Park Avenue - 2194931
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here’s your opportunity. We’re going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Position in this function is responsible for ensuring the continuity of care in both the inpatient and outpatient setting utilizing the appropriate resources within the parameters of established contracts and patients’ health plan benefits. Facilitates continuum of patients’ care utilizing advanced nursing knowledge, experience and skills to ensure appropriate utilization of resources and patient quality outcomes. Performs care management functions on-site or telephonically as the need arises. Works in conjunction with the care team and PCP as care team leader. Ensures evaluation is in alignment with site based goals.
- Prioritizes patient care needs upon initial visit and addresses emerging issues
- Meets with patients, patients’ family and caregivers as needed to discuss care and treatment plan as delineated in Transitions of Care program
- Identifies and assists with the follow-up of high-risk patients in acute care settings, skilled nursing facilities, custodial and ambulatory settings
- Uses protocols and pathways in line with established disease management and care management programs and approved by medical management in order to optimize clinical outcomes
- Oversees provisions for discharge from facilities including follow-up appointments, home health, social services, transportation, etc., in order to maintain continuity of care
- Maintains effective communication with the physicians, disease management, hospitalists, extended care facilities, patients and families
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the cost consequences resulting from Care Management decisions through utilization of reports and systems such as Health Plan Benefits, utilization of metrics and CM reports
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school graduate, GED or equivalent
- State Licensed LPN or RN
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers (AHA) or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross) or be able to obtain within 90 days of employment
Additional Requirements for LPNs:
- Certificate in Practical Nursing
- Valid Florida LPN license
- IV certification or the ability to obtain within 90 days of employment
Additional Requirements for RNs:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Science
- Valid Florida RN license
- 1+ years of experience in an acute clinical care setting
- HMO experience
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment