Behavioral Health Care Coordinator - Field based in NYC - 2162942
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The overall purpose of this role is to improve the enrollee’s ability to remain stable in the community and out of the hospital. The focus is to engage members in the treatment process and assist them to access the appropriate community services so they can pursue their treatment goals in the community and avoid institutionalization. The position is also designed to be a direct clinical liaison between health plan staff and the clinical network. The program fosters a collegial and mutually beneficial relationship between the providers and payers of medical and behavioral health services.
This is a field-based position working with an adult population. It requires meeting with enrollees in their homes, and possiblly hospitals, clinical facilities, and/or community sites. You will be in the field 80% of the time. The remainder of the week will be spent working remotely at home. The schedule is Monday – Friday, 8 am to 5 pm.
Qualified candidates must possess an active, unrestricted behavioral health or RN license in New York which allows them to practice independently (without supervision).
Due to business needs, candidates residing in or near the following locations are preferred: Manhattan, Queens, Astoria, Long Island City, Williamsburg, Bedford-Stuyvesant, Dyker Heights, Bensonhurst, Gravesend, Homecrest, Coney Island, Staten Island.
- Identify and provide community service linkage
- Assist enrollees with aftercare appointments
- Provide subsequent member follow-up as determined by individual member needs
- Work with enrollees to identify gaps in care or obstacles to care and problem solve for successful connection to needed services
- Review IP Census each day to determine which enrollees on the census are re-admits within the last 12 months
- Go to facility meetings with treatment team to develop a successful aftercare plan
- Manage the aftercare follow-up of identified high risk enrollees (manage follow-up calls/outreach and documentation)
- Meet with community providers/facilities as company liaison to foster good rapport and relationships and to identify new programs
- 40-hour work week. No nights, weekends, holidays, or being on call!
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Paid Time Off, and 401K
- CEU and license renewal fee reimbursement
- Mileage reimbursement
- Ability to support your local community and partner with area resources
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
One of the following:
- Master’s degree in a Behavioral Health related field
- Doctorate-degreed Psychologist
- Associate degree or greater in Nursing with 10+ years of Behavioral Health experience
Active, unrestricted, independent license the State of New York:
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)
- Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Licensed Psychologist (LP)
- Registered Nurse (RN) with 10+ years of Behavioral Health experience
- 2+ years of experience in a related mental health environment
- Proficient computer skills and good working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets
- Access to install secure, high-speed internet and a dedicated, distraction-free workspace at home
- Access to reliable transportation that will allow you to travel to meet with members within an assigned territory every day
- Reside in New York City
- Medical/Behavioral setting experience (i.e., hospital, managed care organization, or joint medical/behavioral outpatient practice)
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Case Management experience
- Field based experience
- Experience working with low-income populations
- Experience working with the aged, blind, or disabled
- Experience working in community health
- Working knowledge of city and state agencies and practices including APS, ACS, AOT, ACT, Health Home, Forensic and others
New York Residents Only: The salary range for New York residents is $56,300 to $110,400 per year. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes – an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.