Senior Healthcare Economics Analyst - Remote - 2198688
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Some people take things as they come. Others relentlessly push themselves to go farther. Combine health care and technology, which are two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet, with UnitedHealth Group’s culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get: industry-leading health care services at a company that’s improving the lives of millions.
As a Senior Healthcare Economics Analyst you will research and investigate key business problems through quantitative analyses of utilization and healthcare cost data. You will identify potential areas for medical expense improvements, and alternative pricing strategies. As an analyst, you will perform statistical findings and presents conclusions, as well as provide data in support of financial, utilization, and actuarial analyses. Your analyses will be used to create viable, real-world solutions in a complex health care landscape. The work is as challenging as it is rewarding. You’ll open doors to new opportunities. This is where bold people with big ideas are writing the next chapter in health care.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Analyze, review, forecast and trend complex data
- Extracts, aggregates and QA applicable data from multiple sources and tables for purposes of root cause analysis
- Supports efforts to standardize data from multiple sources to make available to key analytic stakeholders and reporting tools
- Develops data queries to extract claims and membership data, performs data analytics in support of trend identification, initiative, program development and validation
- Create and update automated processes
- Produce and review reports
- Clean, evaluate, join, and test complicated and sometimes messy data
- Provides ongoing communications on project status, results, and conclusions from analyze
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Finance, Math, Computer Science or related field
- Proficiency in SQL or comparable coding language
- Proficiency with MS Excel (practical experience working with pivot tables, advanced formulas, graphs, vlookups), Word, and PowerPoint
- 1+ years of applicable corporate or academic experience in data analytics-examining and summarizing data to uncover business insights in SQL or comparable coding language
- Advanced degree in Economics, Statistics, Finance, Math, Computer Science or related field;
- Experience with Tableau or Power BI;
- Experience with Python, R, SAS or comparable coding language;
- Healthcare claims analytics experience
- Proven solid verbal and written communication skills, including ability to present ideas and concepts effectively
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $56,300 to $110,400 per year. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment