UHC Pharmacist STARs Intern- Downers Grove, IL - 2196238
Internships at UnitedHealth Group. If you want an intern experience that will dramatically shape your career, consider a company that’s dramatically shaping our entire health care system. UnitedHealth Group internship opportunities will provide a hands-on view of a rapidly evolving, incredibly challenging marketplace of ideas, products and services. You’ll work side by side with some of the smartest people in the business on assignments that matter. So here we are. You have a lot to learn. We have a lot to do. It’s the perfect storm. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Our office is located at Warrenville Road, Downers Grove, IL. Employees will be required to work some days onsite and some days from home.
This is a full-time paid internship position and will be available starting June 2024
**UnitedHealth Group is not able to offer visa sponsorship now or in the future for this position**
For your internship, you’ll be placed within one of our pharmacy business lines to perform professional duties and responsibilities associated with the practice of pharmacy. Duties are designed to develop knowledge base and competency level while performing pharmacy functions under the direct supervision of a pharmacist.
Each intern will have the responsibility to:
- Consistently exhibit behavior and communication skills that demonstrate the company’s commitment to superior customer service, including quality care and concern with internal and external customers
- Adhere to having a safe and secure workspace and communicate with their leadership when that safety (equipment, system, information) is compromised
- Comply with policies, rules and regulations set forth by the Board of Pharmacy, and other applicable regulatory bodies
- Use, protect, and disclose patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards
- Perform telephonic member outreach and document telephonic interaction outcomes using appropriate note templates
- Follow standard operating procedures and utilize required scripting
- Deliver member outreach using a motivational interviewing style of communication
- Perform medication and disease state clinical discussions to improve health outcomes
- Use active and reflective listening to identify medication adherence barriers and develop personalized action plans
- Utilize electronic work applications/programs i.e. (Microsoft Office 360 applications, Genesys call application, ICUE, RxClaims)
- Conduct personalized assessments for medication gaps in care
- Collaborate with clinical pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, providers, nurses, and other healthcare professionals across the healthcare industry
- Perform applicable back-end work via provider and/or pharmacy engagement for prescription claims
- Evaluate adherence data to identify trends and opportunities
You will be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Currently enrolled in a Doctor of Pharmacy program, with first year completed before start of internship
- Active Licensure as a pharmacist intern in state of employment before start of internship
- Candidate must be able to work a hybrid schedule in the aligned office location
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
- 3.5 or higher cumulative GPA
- Knowledge of medical and pharmacy terminology
- Proven solid oral and written communication skills
- Proven adequate mathematical, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Proven interest in quality improvement, population health, and/or managed care
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.