OB Home Care Nurse - 2195434
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Optum is seeking talented individuals to join our OB Home Care Team! Our elite team of nurses is growing, and we want YOU to join this dynamic and exciting group. We deliver services across the entire continuum of maternal-newborn care to high-risk moms in-home and telephonically. You will focus on one-on-one patient teaching while supporting moms at a very difficult time in their lives.
Because our business is referral-based, you’ll enjoy a flexible schedule similar to working per diem. Minimum required availability is two flexible days during the week and one Saturday per month.
This position is located in the southeast VA area (Hampton, Newport News, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Richmond). Candidates must be willing and able to drive up to 2 hours one way to see a patient if necessary. Benefits include paid drive time, mileage reimbursement, and 401K.
- Provide skilled nursing care for expectant mothers in the home care environment
- Travel to provide in-home patient care and continuous education to patients and family members
- Continually assess the mothers’ condition to ensure they are safe in the home environment
- Modify care plans as appropriate based on reassessment, change in prescriber orders, the patient’s need for further care or services, and achievement of identified goals
- Establish trust and build long term relationships with expectant mothers
- Provide clinical support to key physicians / hospitals upon request
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active, unrestricted RN license in the state of Virginia
- 1+ years of labor and delivery or obstetrical nursing experience (high-risk perinatal / antepartum)
- Ability to utilize Microsoft programs including MS Word, MS Outlook, and the Internet
- Reside in the southeast VA area (Hampton, Newport News, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Richmond).
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel up to 2 hours one way to patient sites within a designated area
- Available at least 2 flexible weekdays and 1 Saturday per month
- 3+ years of experience in labor and delivery or obstetrical nursing (high-risk perinatal / antepartum)
- Home care experience
- IV infusion competency
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.