Medical Assistant - 2195710
$1,000 Sign-on Bonus for External Candidates
Opportunities with Optum in the Tri-State region (formerly CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH New York and Riverside Medical Group). Come make a difference in the lives of people who turn to us for care at one of our hundreds of locations across New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. Work with state-of-the-art technology and brilliant co-workers who share your passion for helping people feel their best. Join a dynamic health care organization and discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
CareMount Medical, P.C. is the largest independent multispecialty medical group in New York State, providing comprehensive medical care of the highest quality to over 640,000 patients in more than 45 locations throughout Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Columbia, and Ulster counties and New York City. Founded in 1946 as Mount Kisco Medical Group, CareMount has grown to over 600 physicians and advanced practice professionals representing more than 40 different medical specialties. CareMount is affiliated with world-class organizations including Massachusetts General Hospital, Mount Sinai Health System, and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. CareMount offers on-site laboratory and radiology services, endoscopy and infusion suites, and operates eight urgent-care centers. Our physicians are frequently recognized as best doctors in respected publications and have been featured in lists including New York Magazine’s “Best Doctors,” Westchester and Hudson Valley Magazine’s “Top Doctors” as well as in Castle Connolly Medical’s “Top Doctors.” For additional information about CareMount Medical and its specialties, please visit: www.caremountmedical.com.
The role of the Medical Assistant is to provide care to patients/significant others via direct and/or telephone contact, following established standards and practices. S/he coordinates with other members of the care team to ensure seamless care delivery, maximal coordination of efforts, and active patient participation in planning and care. Assists physician or other provider with clinical procedures.
- Demonstrates clinical competence in the direct care of patients in established area(s) of practice, and assisting MDs with procedures
- Performs clinical duties within scope of practice complying with the accepted CareMount Medical and/or individual department standards, policies, and protocols
- Demonstrates a proactive approach to patient care, focusing on addressing each patient’s individual and family needs at the time of service; communicates identified needs in a timely manner
- Directs and/or escorts patients to exam rooms in a timely manner
- Demonstrated clinical competence when assisting physician/mid-level healthcare professional and/or nurse during exams and office diagnostic procedures/treatments
- Performs authorized procedures competently (i.e. vital signs, vision screening, selected laboratory tests) as directed by physician or nurse in clinical practice area
- Seeks validation/guidance from physicians, mid-level healthcare professional and/or nurse when necessary
- Prepares e-prescriptions for processing to pharmacies when instructed to do so by physician per CareMount Medical policy
- Inspects, cleans/prepares and processes instruments/equipment according to manufacturers’ or CareMount Medical guidelines
- Processes specimens for transport to laboratory, ensuring that specimens are properly labeled and appropriate orders have been placed in NextGen
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 1+ years of clinical experience in a medical office / clinic or hospital setting or graduate of an accredited medical assistant program
- Graduate of an accredited medical assistant program with 1+ years of recent experience as a medical assistant
- Current certification as a medical assistant or eligible for certification
- Current CPR / BLS certification
- Willing or ability to obtain certification through the CMM M.A exam course if not yet certified at time of employment
New York Residents Only: The hourly range for New York residents is $16.00 to $23.13 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.