Senior Inside Sales Representative - 2198187
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data, and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for identifying and closing opportunities by demonstrating the value proposition of Change Healthcare solutions. This role makes and receives calls with the intent of selling products/services or renewing existing contracts. Key activities include lead qualification, lead conversion, health checks, voice of the customer, and/or revenue retention motions (product/service contract renewals, extension, upsell and expansion). Serves an assigned territory/client with moderate variables in geography and/or customer complexity.
This role sells in a matrix organization, collaborates with other sales channels to generate new business and is responsible for effectively articulating the value of products or services to customers. Prospective customers are generated through cold calling and qualifying leads. Limited field activity may occur, but only on an infrequent basis. The Inside Sales Executive is responsible for developing product or service knowledge to support customer questions and promote offerings and utilizes sales techniques and product knowledge to meet or exceed an established sales quota.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Pre-selling: 35%
- Selling: 40%
- Account Management: 10%
- Non-Sales Related Activities: 15%
- Conducts research and prepares for sales calls for assigned markets to ensure successful outcomes
- Makes high volume outbound sales calls and identifies opportunities to sell solutions to existing and net new customers
- Listens to customer needs and provides the right business solution
- Attends to existing customers, reaches out to potential leads and identifies cross-selling opportunities within accounts where applicable
- Conducts sales presentations
- Provides service and support to customers in the initial contracting stage
- Effectively works with internal staff to ensure new accounts are successfully activated
- Collaborates with other sales channels and account management to ensure maximum efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Actively participates in account sales team calls/meetings with internal and external business partners
- Documents sales activity in Salesforce and participates in reporting progress as needed
- Provisions sales reports and prospect reports
- Maintains sufficient technical knowledge of Change Healthcare product offering, vendors and laws and regulations relating to different states and or service delivery
- Completes other projects and assignments as directed by manager
- Meets or exceeds assigned sales quota
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher) OR 4+ years of sales experience
- 3+ years of experience in a sales role where high-volume outbound calls are conducted (new business/lead generation/qualification experience)
- 3+ years of experience with data tracking in Salesforce.com or similar CRM
- 3+ years of experience in a position knowledgably educating, consulting and selling based on customer need including ability to assess need and articulate product fulfillment and improvement
- Demonstrated experience selling into the healthcare market
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office – Outlook, etc.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build relationships across the organization and collaborate as necessary to accomplish goals
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills and strong written skills
- Self-motivated and results-driven with strong time management and organization skills
- Successful track record of working as a part of dynamic, fast-paced and growing teams that are results oriented and collaborative
- Effective analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to learn systems and new technology quickly and maintain SME level industry and product knowledge
- Willingness to make high volume prospecting and follow up sales calls via telephone
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
California, Colorado, Nevada, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Rhode Island or Washington Residents Only: The hourly range for California, Colorado, Nevada, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Rhode Island, or Washington residents is $19.23 to $40.87 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.