Full Time - Onsite - Patient Access Representative - Cobleskill, NY - 2198958
$ 2,000 Sign-On Bonus for External Candidates
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Patient Access Associate welcomes, greets, interviews patients and/or representatives in person or over the telephone to ensure their initial experience with the hospital is exceptional; the Patient Access Associate will also obtain the required demographical and insurance information to ensure proper billing/reimbursement to the hospital. Secure required signatures from patients and/or representatives to protect hospital’s interests. Provides excellent patient experience for guests with a high level of professionalism.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week). Monday – Friday 8am- 5:00pm EST
We offer weeks of on-the-job training. The hours of the training will be aligned with your schedule.
- Communicates directly with patients and / or families either in person or on the phone to complete the registration process by collecting patient demographics, health information, and verifying insurance eligibility / benefits.
- Utilizes computer systems to enter access or verify patient data in real – time ensuring accuracy and completeness of information.
- Gathers necessary clinical information and processes referrals, pre-certification, pre-determinations, and pre-authorizes according to insurance plan requirements.
- Verifies insurance coverage, benefits and creates price estimates, reverifications as needed.
- Collects patient co-pays as appropriate and conducts conversations with patients on their out-of-pocket financial obligations.
- Identifies outstanding balances from patient’s previous visits and attempts to collect any amount due.
- Responsible for collecting data directly from patients and referring provider offices to confirm and create scheduled appointments for patient services prior to hospital discharge.
- Responds to patient and caregivers’ inquiries related to routine and sensitive topics always in a compassionate and respectful manner.
- Generates, reviews, and analyzes patient data reports and follows up on issues and inconsistencies as necessary.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of specific registration requirements for all areas, including but not limited to: Main Admitting, OP Registration, ED Registration, Maternity, and Rehabilitation units.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED
- 1+ years of Customer Service experience
- Must be 18 years of age OR older.
- Ability to work full-time (40 hours/week). Monday – Friday 8am- 5:00pm EST
- 1+ years of experience in scheduling and authorizations
- Healthcare experience and clinical knowledge
- Ability to engage and effectively communicate with individuals and groups of adults at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to build rapport quickly, develop trust, sustain working relationships, and represent CRH positively in internal and external meetings.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Effective communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Basic keyboarding skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
Physical and Work Environment:
- Standing for long periods of time (10 hours) while using a workstation on wheels and phone/headset.
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
New York Residents Only: The hourly range for New York residents is $16.00 – $27.31 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.