Physn OB/GYN - Chief Pipeline - 2199337
is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
OptumCare NV is now part of the Optum division under the greater UnitedHealth Group umbrella.
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Chief of OB/GYN is a member of the department leadership team who provides leadership and direction to the physicians, Advance Practice Clinicians and staff (team members) while working closely with the clinic administrator and Senior Medical Director. The Chief of OB/GYN is responsible for execution on the departmental X Matrix and Project charters. The Chief of OB/GYN continues to have clinical responsibilities in addition to their administrative role.
- Provides diagnosis, treatment, therapy and management of patient’s according to current standards of care utilizing best practices recommendation.
- Reviews and analyzes monthly KPI glide paths and implements necessary improvements to ensure the goals are being achieved.
- Implements organization specific initiatives including ACE, STAR and HEIDIS to ensure the processes and procedures are in line with the approved business model.
- Ensures quality indicators are being met and continuously improved by participating in PI/QM programs. Outlines objectives for team members to ensure quality indicators are defined and understood in order to be achieved.
- Supervises team members including coordination of paid time off, on call schedule, meeting attendance and management of provider and staff issues to include coaching and mentoring. Partners with Operations leadership to ensure the success of the team within the division.
- Ensures team members are in compliance with SMA policies and procedures and serves as the liaison between Human Capital for SMA policy interpretation.
- Performs annual evaluations and participated in developing MAP and developmental goals for the team members as well as participates in leadership readiness and job expansion activities of assigned team members.
- Participates in various committees as assigned and disseminates information timely to all team members.
- Assists in team member recruiting and retention efforts by identifying clinic needs and developing a succession plan for team.
- Utilizes evidence-based care processes for cost effective and efficient use of lab, radiology and extended service providers including specialists other ancillary services.
- Accountable for team’s customer satisfaction scores, reviews and action plans.
- Develops and promotes organization’s culture in team members.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- M.D. or D.O. degree.
- Must have completed appropriate residency/fellowship training in his/her specialty.
- Must be board certified (ABMS or ABOS) in his/her specialty
- Medical license in Nevada or ability to obtain prior to start of employment
- DEA license or ability to obtain.
- Must have previous leadership experience or have exhibited appropriate leadership potential
Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Nevada residents is $210,000 to $325,000 per year. Salary Range is defined as total cash compensation at target. The actual range and pay mix of base and bonus is variable based upon experience and metric achievement. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.