Social Worker for Personalized Care Team - The Everett Clinic, Snohomish County, WA - 2191695
Be part of the solution. Our current healthcare system, despite herculean efforts on the part of clinicians, often fails to provide coordinated, seamless care. We feel there is a better way. Join a cutting-edge clinic and home-based team in providing integrated, supportive care to a complex aging population, with a goal of reduced suffered, increased patient and family understanding, and optimized care.
The Everett Clinic, part of Optum, is looking for a collaborative and growth-minded Social Worker to join our Personalized Care Team in Snohomish County, WA. Applicants should have comfort with palliative care patients, an interest in advancing patient and family comprehension, and an ability to work independently.
Our Personalized Care Team is comprised of an interdisciplinary team of physicians, resident physicians, palliative care clinicians, pharmacists, social workers, RN care managers, and care navigators. The team provides whole person care to a diverse population in multiple settings, with a goal of reducing suffering and unnecessary or unbeneficial medical care for complex patients, particularly near the end of life.
The ideal candidate would have a passion for palliative end of life care.
The work includes:
- Assessing patients/families/caregivers’ psychosocial needs, developing written psychosocial plan of care, following up with patient/family/caregiver and documenting in Epic.
- Consulting in person and by phone with patients/families/caregivers, staff and providers on psychosocial needs and concerns.
- Assisting the care team and/or directly facilitating patient – family meetings for goal setting and advance care planning
- Linking patients/families/caregivers to community resources and facilitate interaction including information, referral to sources of financial assistance, transportation, food, housing and support groups.
- Serving as a resource, which may include making presentations, to physicians and staff on community resources.
- Acting as primary communicator to TEC physicians and staff about the social service programs available in the community.
- Interfacing with patients/families/caregivers social service needs at the skilled nursing homes, hospitals, home health and hospice agencies.
- Demonstrating an excellent knowledge of community resources in Snohomish County and how to identify resources in neighboring counties and the United States.
- Meeting with patients and families in their home environment.
- Collaborating with the multidisciplinary care team across various settings including inpatient, emergency department, skilled nursing facilities, and home in implementing patient care plans.
- Partnering with clinicians across settings, including PCT clinicians, hospital and SNF providers, specialty providers, and hospice in implementing patient care plans.
- Supporting provider and staff competency in advanced care planning and palliative care communication, acting as a local resource for the teams
- Intervening as a crisis counselor in situations requiring immediate psychological treatment.
- Facilitating referrals for clinically indicated services outside of the organization (e.g., social services such as housing assistance, vocational rehabilitation, mental health specialty care, substance abuse treatment).
At The Everett Clinic/part of Optum you will experience:
- Flexible work week schedule (4 or 5 day work week as 1.0 FTE, flexible FTEs are available)
- Daily and weekly interdisciplinary huddles/rounds
- No call, no weekends!
- Home visits
- Family care conferences/shared visits with interdisciplinary team
- Epic EMR
- Integration with the Clinic’s Primary Care and Specialty system throughout Snohomish County
- Sign on bonus, competitive salary and benefits
If you value quality, go above-and-beyond in making patients a priority and want to help cultivate a fun, team-centered environment, we would love to connect!
- Master’s degree in accredited social work educational program
- Licensed Social Worker Associate-Advanced (LSWAA), Licensed Advanced Social Worker (LASW), Licensed Social Worker Associate-Independent Clinical (LSWAIC), or Licensed Independent Clinical Social Work (LICSW)
- Minimum of 1 year previous healthcare experience
- Clinical work with geriatric/palliative care patients and their families
Washington Residents Only: The salary range for Washington residents is $46,700 to $91,300 per year. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.