Pre-Billing Claims Liaison - Clay County, FL - 2197928
Opportunities at Change Healthcare, part of the Optum family of businesses. We are transforming the health care system through innovative technology and analytics. Find opportunities to make a difference in a variety of career areas as we all play a role in accelerating health care transformation. Help us deliver cutting-edge solutions for patients, hospitals and insurance companies, resulting in healthier communities. Use your talents to improve the health outcomes of millions of people and discover the meaning behind: Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
This position is full-time, Monday – Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 7:30am – 4:30pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends. Our office is located at 477 Houston St, Green Cove Springs, FL 32043.
We offer 3 weeks of paid on-the-job training. The hours of training will be during office hours.
- Reviews transports for completeness and accuracy prior to being pre-billed, including but not limited to the following; Patient Demographics Pick up and drop off information, Timestamps, Mileage, Reason for Transport, required monitoring / patient treatment, Crew and Facility Signatures.
- Establishes and verifies insurance eligibility for patients and designates the correct primary payor to each transport.
- Verifies and assigns contract guidelines to applicable transports.
- Partners with crews and station management to obtain/verify invalid or missing documentation in a timely manner.
- Obtains all required information for billing claims from multiple sources such as third-party websites, hospitals and facilities.
- Ensures the appropriate level of service is sent to the billing team for coding and is fully supported by documentation.
- Assists in processing payment transactions when necessary.
- Works correspondence and other mail from multiple sources i.e., fax, e-mail and physical mail appropriately and timely.
- Manages incoming call and email communications to resolve or direct to appropriate parties for resolution.
- Meets daily production goals and quality standards.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED OR equivalent experience
1+ years of experience with Medical Billing
- Computer literate (i.e. Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, etc.)
- Reside within 45 minutes or less from worksite
- Ability to work our normal business hours of 7:30am – 4:30pm, Monday – Friday
- Must be 18 years of age OR older
- 1+ years of experience in EMS and/OR Ambulance Revenue Cycle processes
- Experience with Medicare and Medicaid programs
- CAC Certified Ambulance Coder Certification or willingness to obtain within 12 months if applicable
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.