Inventory Supervisor - Home Delivery Pharmacy - 2198191
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Fulfillment Pharmacy Inventory Supervisors are responsible for the entire inventory process for the fulfillment pharmacy site. This role will lead a small- to mid-size teams of Pharmacy Clerks and/or Technicians, while acting as an inventory subject matter expert and primary resources to the entire team, to ensure our members receive high-quality outcomes. This role will be responsible for driving a culture of inventory accuracy, managing productivity, shortage reduction, and creating a safe/secure environment.
The schedule is expected to be 5:30am-2:30pm Monday-Friday (approximately 40 hours/week) with occasional extra hours dependent on business need. Nights or weekends are not expected at this time.
- Lead a team of 5-15 pharmacy clerks and pharmacy technicians on all inventory requirements such as: receiving, putaway, researching and reporting discrepancies, completing cycle counts, and completing replenishment tasks
- Manage and maintain fulfillment inventory following state and federal regulations and company policies and procedures
- Plan, Monitor, and Coach Team’s daily operational tasks, including putaway, cycle counts, inventory discrepancies, etc.
- Maintaining solid site level culture with support and direction of Site Leader
- Champion and drive site’s inventory accuracy program, helping to ensure we have the most accurate inventory possible
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders in inventory processes, including Procurement, Supply Chain, Engineering, and 3rd party suppliers
- Coach team based on data analysis to improve behaviors and actions related to inventory accuracy
- Deliver regular reporting around inventory accuracy and trends to site leadership with action minded plans to improve
- Lead and model a safety culture through huddle topics, promoting safety tips and driving safety awareness in conjunction with our safety partners
- Uphold higher inventory control standards for Controlled Substance Storage at site (if applicable)
- Review and Update standards around inventory processes and work instructions
- Support and promote an engagement culture and be an inclusion and diversity champion
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current and unrestricted Pharmacy Technician License in your state of residence
- 3+ years of operations experience (fulfillment, pharmacy, inventory control, etc)
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Experience driving continuous improvements and implementing change in an organization
- Experience driving results through effective Performance Management practices and tools
- Proficient computer and organizational skills with the ability to focus on workload and achievement of both production and quality objectives
- Proven ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Proven ability to stand for up to 8 hours with intermittent breaks
- Proven good verbal and written communication skills
- Proven solid teamwork and cooperation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Inventory experience
- Experience working in a mail order or fulfillment environment
- Experience leading people (direct or indirect) in a highly regulated industry
- Experience with handling confidential material, and experience with law enforcement partnership
- Proven ability to analyze data and identify trends
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment