Licensed Vocational Nurse LVN/LPN Home Health San Antonio Texas - 2195425
Opportunities at WellMed, part of the Optum family of businesses. We believe all patients are entitled to the highest level of medical care. Here, you will join a team who shares your passion for helping people achieve better health. With opportunities for physicians, clinical staff and non-patient-facing roles, you can make a difference with us as you discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse is responsible for providing direct patient care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. Responsibilities include following the plan of care, providing treatments, and working collaboratively with the members of the team to help meet positive patient care outcomes.
- Provides direct patient care as defined in the state Nurse Practice Act and agency’s policies
- Implements plan of care initiated by the Registered Nurse
- Provides accurate and timely documentation consistent with the plan of care
- Assesses and provides patient and family/caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and plan of care
- Participates in the coordination of home health services, appropriately reporting the identified needs for other disciplines (HHA, OT, PT, MSW, ST, and Dietician) to the Registered Nurse and/or Clinical Supervisor
- Follows all infection control standard precautions and safety guidelines/standards as per agency policy
- Uses equipment and supplies effectively and efficiently
- Participates in personal and professional growth and development
- Adheres to the Agency’s Standard Operating Procedures as it relates to the submission of the documentation
- Prepares clinical notes and updates the primary physician when necessary
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patients’ needs and reports any changes in the patients’ condition; obtains/receives physician’s orders as required
- Coordinates services and schedules with the Clinical Team Manager (CTM) and Clinical Team Coordinator (CTC/Scheduler) to include recommendations for additional home health care services for patients by the end of the work day
- Participates in on-call duties within the on-call rotation schedule, to include weekends as assigned
- Demonstrates knowledge and observance of Patient Rights and Notice of Privacy Practices
- Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are available
- Maintains a daily patient case load and point of care documentation levels, as per Agency standards
- Requires the availability of accepting patients during business hours (8 a.m. – 6 p.m.)
- Requires updating the time card daily, as per UHG Policy
- Requires contacting patients the night before the scheduled visit to provide an arrival time within a two (2) hour window
- Requires obtaining pre-approval from direct supervisor for overtime
- Requires the ability to work flexible schedule to meet patients’ needs
- Demonstrates personal responsibility with regard to attendance and punctuality
- Maintains privacy and confidentiality with regard to all patient, staff, and agency information
- Demonstrates flexibility, enthusiasm and willingness to cooperate while working with others or in place of others, as necessary
- Expresses verbal and written communication in a clear, positive and cooperative manner
- Promotes the agency’s image by adhering to the agency’s dress code
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
This position requires traveling around the San Antonio and surrounding counties areas supporting Homecare Dimensions’ Patients.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited practical nurse or vocational nursing program
- Current unrestricted license in the state of Texas as a practical nurse or licensed vocational nurse
- BLS/CPR certification
- 2+ years clinical experience preferable in a community home health or medical/surgical setting
- Demonstrated ability to lift and transfer patients
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- IV Certification
- Wound Care
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.