Pharmacy Technician - 2197463
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 10:00am-6:30pm EST; Overtime may be required
Address: 19 Chapin Road, Pine Brook, NJ
- Enter prescriptions and verify appropriate and accurate information
- Contact patients and doctor’s offices to resolve issues
- Process prescription refills
- Resolve customer issues; ensuring accurate information is provided
- Positions in this function perform various duties related to the fulfillment of prescription orders. Processes for dispensing any or all of the following: unit doses, specialty pharmaceuticals, injectables, IV, enterals and related supplies following state and federal regulations and company policies and procedures
- Communicate clearly and concise to patients, physicians, and other healthcare providers
- Sterile Compounding
- Preparing various IV solutions that contain medication for patients
- Compounding Sterile medication in an ISO 7 clean room environment (ISO 5 hood systems)
- Conducting scheduled environmental testing. (Air and surface sampling)
- Cold Chain Shipping and receiving
- Restocking supplies and medication
- Picking and packing supplies/medications
- Processing refilled medications
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together – competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher)
- Active and unrestricted Pharmacy Technician License in the state of New Jersey
- 1+ year of Pharmacy Technician experience
- 1+ year of sterile compounding experience
- Experience with CRP+
- Direct patient care experience
- Intermediate level of proficiency with computer and Windows PC applications including the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system application
New Jersey Residents Only: The hourly range for New Jersey residents is $16.00 to $27.31 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.