Associate Patient Care Coordinator - Remote in Brewer, ME - 2198968
Opportunities at Northern Light Health, in strategic partnership with Optum. Whether you are looking for a role in a clinical setting or supporting those who provide care, we have opportunities for you to make a difference in the lives of those we serve. As a statewide healthcare system in Maine, we work to personalize and streamline healthcare for our communities. If the place for you is at a large medical center, a rural community practice or home care, you will find it here. Join our compassionate culture, enjoy meaningful benefits and discover the meaning behind: Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Often serving as the first point of contact for patients in preparation of upcoming appointments, this position requires excellent customer service and attention to detail. The Pre-Registration Representative is responsible for the accurate and efficient pre-registration of patients by updating patient demographic and insurance information, in advance of the date of service.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday – Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:30am – 5:00pm EST. Once fully trained, you will be given the option to work remote. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 43 Whiting Hill Road Brewer, ME 04412.
We offer 3+ weeks of paid training. The hours during training will be 8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday – Friday. Training will be conducted onsite.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Ensures excellent customer service when assisting patients, providers, and other departments over the phone or in person
- Collects and verifies patient demographic and insurance information, making changes as necessary to ensure accuracy within each encounter.
- Engages other departments to assist with patient questions or needs
- Facilitates conversations with patients to provide benefit information and collects copays or other patient liabilities due, prior to service
- Remains aware of department service level, abandonment rates and other measurable data and individual contributions to the overall metrics
- Meets/exceeds department defined productivity and audit goals and upholds all department policies and procedures
- Escalates outstanding needs to department leadership to ensure pre-registration and financial clearance functions occur prior to service date, expediting patient service and assisting with smooth and on time starts
- Verifies insurance coverage and benefits, updating the encounter appropriately
- May perform other duties upon request
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED OR equivalent experience
- 6+ months experience in an office setting, customer service setting (over the phone or face to face) or phone support role or call center environment
- Must complete training onsite before transitioning to work from home.
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to work full-time, Monday – Friday between 8:30am – 5:00pm EST including the flexibility to work occasional overtime given the business need
- Flu vaccination are an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate Flu vaccination doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- 1+ years of Registration experience in a hospital or medical setting
- Understanding of medical terminology
- Working knowledge of insurance policies and procedures and patient care settings
- Reside within a commutable distance to 43 Whiting Hill Road Brewer, ME 04412
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy.
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Washington or Rhode Island Residents Only: The hourly range for California / Colorado / Connecticut / Nevada / New York / New Jersey / Washington / Rhode Island residents is $16.00 – $27.31 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.