CT Technologist Part Time - 2197044
$3750 Sign-On Bonus for External Candidates
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here’s your opportunity. We’re going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Under the direction of a radiologist, performs diagnostic computerized tomography examinations at technical level not requiring constant supervision of technical detail. Performs a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgment, with ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for radiographic diagnosis. Assumes responsibility for designated areas of procedures as required.
- Positions patients and adjusts equipment for performing CT scans following established procedures and protocols
- Explains procedures and observe patients to ensure safety and comfort during scan
- Uses radiation safety measures and protection devices to comply with government regulations and to ensure safety of patients and staff
- Performs C.T. examinations as ordered. Uses CT scanner protocols based on needs of the individual patient and ordered examination
- Examines digital CT images for properties such as density and contrast, definition, and motion
- Authorizes release of patients upon completion of CT examination
- Maintains and cleans examination rooms. Stocks necessary medical and radiologic supplies
- CT quality control, and documentation of necessary medical requirements
- Assists in department as needed
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested
- Enhances professional growth through education programs, conferences, and workshops
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience
- Completion of a course in imaging technology approved by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- Current certification (ARRT) with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists and Board Certified in C.T
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers (AHA) or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross)
- 1+ years of experience as a CT Technologist
Washington Residents Only: The hourly range for Washington residents is $37.12 to $46.93 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes – an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.