Senior Clinical Administrative Coordinator - Richardson, TX - 2197553
If you are in Richardson, TX, you will have the flexibility to work from home and the office in this hybrid role* as you take on some tough challenges.
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data, and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits, and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
When you are in the business of health care, you’re in the business of people. At UnitedHealth Group we want every customer experience to be distinctly personal. The challenge is complex. When people call us for help, their focus is on getting the best care possible. We help them understand their benefits and their options. This part of their lives matters a lot to them, and it matters just as much to us. Our customer service teams have a serious responsibility to make every contact informative, productive, positive, and memorable for what it says about how much we care.
Let’s face it, no industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to move health care forward than UnitedHealth Group. We’re out to use data, technology and people in ways that help drive change and make the health care system work better for everyone. As part of our clinical support team, you will be a key component in customer satisfaction and have a responsibility to make every contact informative, productive and positive. Take this opportunity to work with a Fortune 5 industry leader.
Part of the challenge here is dealing positively with members and providers in sometimes challenging circumstances. As a subject matter expert, you’ll also be the “go – to” resource for information. The flexibility to work evening hours will also be required.
This position is full – time (40 hours / week), Monday – Friday. Employees are required to work any 8-hour shift between the core business hours of 9:00am – 8:00pm CST including the flexibility to work at least 50% of shifts during evening hours . It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
We offer 1 – 1.5 weeks of paid shadowing and on-the-job training. The hours of the training will be based on schedule or will be discussed on your first day of employment.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Make calls to qualified members to provide information and answer questions about health plan programs
- Provide “best – in – class” customer service to enrollees
- Meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards while maintaining good attendance
- Identify, qualify, and engage members into the most appropriate health and wellness programs to meet their needs
- Effectively engage members that either qualify for our programs or are interested in learning more about what is offered
- Accurate documentation of consumer interaction
- Appropriately follow all processes and procedures
- Maintain engagement with all the customer requests to ensure high quality of customer service
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED OR equivalent work experience
- Must be 18 years OR older
- 6+ months experience in an office setting or administrative role
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel (creating, editing, saving) as well as Microsoft Outlook (customizing, navigating)
Ability to work any 8-hour shift between the core business hours of 9:00am – 8:00pm CST (Monday- Friday) including the flexibility to work at least 50% of shifts during evening hours . It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
1+ years’ experience in a high-volume call center
- Must be able to work on-site 2-3 days per week at Richardson, TX location
- Sales experience
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish
- Healthcare or insurance benefits
- Experience in a hospital, physician’s office or medical clinic setting
- Clerical or administrative support background and/or working in a call center environment
- Reside within commutable distance of Richardson, TX
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Ability to connect directly into internet - via hard wire (either directly to modem or router)
- Must have high speed broadband internet – must provide own internet – No Wi-Fi
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.