Strategic Account Executive, Health Systems - Remote - 2193756
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Manages ongoing contract relationships and service delivery to clients for one or more accounts. Acts as outward-facing, dedicated resource for assigned accounts, typically with direct client contact (not call center) and large or complex accounts. Builds relationships with employer/group clients (not individual members) and serves as the primary point of contact for overall and day-to-day service delivery. Represents client internally and coordinates with other functions to implement client systems, complete projects, and address ongoing service needs. This function includes employees who are in dedicated on-site service roles. Jobs in this function may work closely with sales on renewals and upselling, but incumbents do not have specific sales goal accountability or primary responsibility to close sales. Account management jobs focused primarily on relationship and service management belong in this family; jobs with significant sales responsibilities or sales-related incentives (including ‘OTH’ plans) belong in a sales band.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Acts as outward-facing, dedicated resource for assigned accounts, typically with direct client contact and large or complex accounts
- Builds relationships with Health System clients and serves as the primary point of contact for overall and day-to-day service delivery
- Strategic planning for multi-year initiatives to identify opportunities to better manage healthcare trends
- Communicating and managing escalated issues and problem resolution as appropriate
- Professionally interacts with customer, broker, and internal OptumRx contacts with little or no assistance, including C-Suite relationships
- Manages ongoing contract relationships and service delivery to clients for one or more accounts
- Represents client internally and coordinates with other functions to implement client systems, complete projects, and address ongoing service and contractual needs
- Develops pioneering approaches to emerging industry trends
- Forges relationships with key customers and consultants; acts as main contact for OptumRx
- Develop and monitor client financial performance including renewal planning, negotiation and profitability levels
- Predict emerging customer needs and develops innovative solutions to meet them
- Conduct periodic reviews with client and recommend new products/services as appropriate
- Participate in best and final sales support as appropriate
- Maintain overall accountability for client satisfaction, retention and growth
- Translate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Communicate with clients via face-to-face meetings, conference calls and written correspondence
- Maintains appropriate documentation including action plans, meeting notes, Strategic Customer Business Plans, and others as required
- Projects a positive, team-oriented attitude towards customers, vendors, brokers, consultants, and associates, both internally and externally
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
Years of post-high school education can be substituted/is equivalent to years of experience
- 4+ years of account management experience (delivery, growth, retention, referrals)
- 3+ years of PBM Experience, or equivalent experience with health systems, hospitals, or pharmaceutical manufacturers
- Experience presenting to c-suite leadership, internal & external
- Experience developing strategies based on data
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote)
- Travel up to 25% of the time
- Health Systems experience
- Clinical Experience
- Experience leading complex client engagement, including managing overall service delivery, strategy, plan design, renewal, and benchmarking
- Proven project management skills
- Proven solid business and financial acumen
- Ability to solve complex issues and deal with many variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Self-motivated to achieve set goals
- Solid critical thinking, analytical problem – solving and strategic planning skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $101,200 to $184,000 per year. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment