Patient Care Coordinator - Huntsville, AL - 2197183
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday – Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:00am – 6:00pm and be on call on a rotation basis. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime and weekends. Our office is located at 6767 Old Madison Pike NW, Huntsville, AL 35806
We offer precept to help for 1st 3 weeks and another 2 months of on-the-job training. The hours during training will be 8-hour shift between the hours of 8:00am to 6:00pm.
- Receive calls regarding and verifying insurance benefits
- Extract and review medical/clinical documents for authorization submission
- Navigate between software platforms with the ability to review and interpret patients’ needs
- Provide and explain benefits as well as authorization information to providers and members
- Communicate with clinical teams to ensure responsible branch receives necessary information and response when necessary
- You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED or equivalent work experience
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to perform functions of intake, notification, and census tracking
- Ability to perform basic administrative skills to activities associated with enteral patients
- Familiarity with computers and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Ability to work an 8-hour shift between the hours of 8:00am to 6:00pm and be on call on a rotation basis, usually one time per month (after 90 days in position). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime and weekends.
- Pharmacy Tech experience
- Medical Billing experience
- Medical Admissions experience
- Good mathematical skills (completing out of pocket reimbursement cost)
- Works with others as part of a team
- Works with partnering branch through thorough and precise communication
- Requires little assistance and ability to solve routine problems independently
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.