Licensed Behavioral Health Clinician - Inpatient Utilization Management - Remote - 2192245
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
As a Behavioral/Mental Health Care Advocate you will be responsible for utilization review of behavioral health and substance abuse cases. You’ll have a direct impact on the lives of our members as you recommend and manage the appropriate level of care throughout the entire treatment plan.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
***Must be available to work between the hours of 8:00am to 7:00pm ET/7:00am to 6:00pm CT/6:00am to 5:00pm MT/5:00am to 4:00pm PT***
- Day to day management and administration of behavioral health benefits for facility-based care
- Utilize clinical assessments to determining appropriate levels of care
- Evaluate additional clinical services are needed
- Effectively coordinate benefits and transitions between various levels of care
- Identify ways to add value to treatment plans and consult with facility staff to improve outcomes
- Actively assist in identifying appropriate community-based services for discharge planning for the duration of the course of care
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Independently licensed clinician, with a Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, or related behavioral health discipline, OR an RN with 2+ years of experience in behavioral health
- Licenses must be independent, active, and unrestricted
- 2+ years of experience in a related mental health environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Outlook, Internet)
Ability to work occasional holidays (dictated by business need)
Ability to accommodate changes in working hours (dictated by business need)
- Access to high-speed internet from home (Broadband Cable, DSL, Fiber)
- Dedicated space in home for home office
- Available to work between the hours of 8:00am to 7:00pm ET/7:00am to 6:00pm CT/6:00am to 5:00pm MT/5:00am to 4:00pm PT
- Experience in an inpatient setting
- Experience working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and utilization of multiple groups and resources for patients
- Experience working with Commercial, Medicare, and Medicaid lines of business
- Experience working in a call center/queue based environment
Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Proven excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $56,300 to $110,400 per year. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.