Medical Assistant MA, Higganum Family Practice - 2187428
$1,000 Sign On Bonus for External Candidates**
Opportunities with ProHealth Physicians, part of the Optum family of businesses. When you work at ProHealth Physicians, your contributions directly sustain the health and well-being of our community. Discover high levels of teamwork, robust medical resources and a deep commitment to exceptional care and service. Join a leading community-based medical group and discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Higganum Family Medical Group has an opening for a full-time Medical Assistant. The hours for this role are Monday, Wednesday, Friday 7:30a-4pm Tuesday & Thursday 8:30a-5pm. The Medical Assistant supports the Care team and its patients through patient care, clinical and administrative tasks including patient intake, receiving and responding to patient phone calls, and documenting patient interactions. The MA performs duties within the Connecticut scope of practice.
- Provide patient care, clinical summary and direction on next steps or follow up
- Perform phlebotomy for patients as needed
- Act as a member of the care team, including preparing patients to be seen by collecting and recording clinical information as per protocol
- Manage patients according to approved protocols and consistent with appointment and scheduling guidelines
- Carry out standing orders consistent with practice policies and procedures
- Document all patient interactions and other clinical activities accurately and in a timely manner in the electronic health record (EHR)
- Schedule tests, treatments and follow up visits on behalf of patients; assist patients with identifying suitable outside resources for disease management and other services; refer patients when appropriate
- Answer and document patient phone calls; take complete messages and route to providers as needed using the EHR
- Monitor task buckets in order to respond to tasks in a timely manner, follow up on overdue orders/worklists and monitor status of critical referrals
- In coordination with Regional Nurse Managers, maintain oversight of temperature monitoring
- Assist care team to assure smooth office operation and delivery of excellent service through teamwork
- Provide attention to patients in a manner that builds confidence, trust and loyalty
- Demonstrate respect for patients and ProHealth staff by presenting a friendly, courteous manner at all times and maintaining patient confidentiality
- Maintain open lines of communications with care team and Regional Management team
- Maintain knowledge of current coding, OSHA and CLIA regulations and company policies
- Adhere to all patient safety initiatives and infection control regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduate of Accredited Medical Assistant program
- Certified Medical Assistant, or the ability to obtain CMA/ RMA within 120 days of hire
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- 1+ years of MA experience in a primary care setting
- Experience working with an electronic health record
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of ICD – 10 and CPT coding
Connecticut Residents Only: The hourly range for Connecticut residents is $16.00 to $27.31. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes – an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.