Utilization Management Trainer - Southern California - 2194693
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here’s your opportunity. We’re going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Positions in this function are primarily responsible for the effective delivery of day-to-day training programs across the organization specifically on the Clinical nursing delivery/work for utilization management and case management. The trainers keeps abreast of various training delivery techniques, relevant clinical knowledge of the US healthcare systems and it relevant protocols, business processes, products and systems. The trainer will also be exclusively covering clinical deliveries from clinical admin support to clinical day to day delivery. The trainer may also be involved in the design process of training and conceptualization of learning initiatives and solutions. The trainer in this position will cover mainly clinical skills training needs, clinical acumen enhancement and solutions with special focused on business entities serving Utilization Management and Case Management.
- Assessing learning needs of individuals and teams within clinical programs
- Developing learning goals, objectives, curriculum and measurements that promote desired performance outcomes
- Creating and delivering instructional content using adult learning principles and strategies with relevant business consideration0
- Leveraging learning technologies and tools for presentation, collaboration and engagement
- Providing learning and instructional expertise to individuals and teams
- Facilitating and managing learning needs
- Reviewing evaluative data to make improvements and/or establish new initiatives and business improving solutions.
- Maintaining updates to curriculum and assessments based on changes and relevant feedback
- Establishing positive working relationships with all levels of staff and management
- Providing coaching, guidance and feedback to learners
- Comply with the terms and conditions of the employment contract, company policies and procedures, and any and all directives (such as, but not limited to, transfer and/or re-assignment to different work locations, change in teams and/or work shifts, policies in regards to flexibility of work benefits and/or work environment, alternative work arrangements, and other decisions that may arise due to the changing business environment). The Company may adopt, vary or rescind these policies and directives in its absolute discretion and without any limitation (implied or otherwise) on its ability to do so
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
Years of post-high school education can be substituted/is equivalent to years of experience
- Active California Nurse license
2+ years of Utilization Management/clinical process experience related to Case
Management Outreach and/or Utilization Management Review, Clinical Administration and General Clinical Customer Service
- Training delivery of at least 1+ years preferably on a clinical process
Special consideration on the following delivery:
- focused call engagement and outreach
- Medicare/Medicaid Experience
Experience in the following clinical areas:
- Skilled nursing facility
- Home Health Care
- Long Term Acute care
- Maternity Nursing
- Cancer and Oncologic Nursing
- Medical and Surgical Background
- General UM and CM Experience
- Competent knowledge of medical terminologies and basic US healthcare processes
- Solid Clinical acumen and awareness of the healthcare system
- Self-directed worker with a solution-based mindset
- Solid listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Superior interpersonal/customer service skills with solid phone presence
- Solid organizational skills and multitasking abilities
- Technical aptitude and proficiency with good analytical and decision making skills
- High aptitude for systems, procedures, process control and development as well as project management
- Collaborative and Team Oriented
- Workable capability in project management and delivery
California Residents Only: The hourly range for California residents is $18.80 to $36.78 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment