Critical Facilities Electrician - Elk River, MN - 2198986
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 5 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life’s best work.SM
This is an active, hands on position responsible for any of the following areas: electrical, mechanical and fire/life safety. We are looking for an electrician who is familiar and comfortable working with Data Center / Facility equipment and systems. Shift is Friday – Sunday 7pm – 7am with overtime as needed
Position Benefits include:
- 3 – day work week (Friday – Sunday)
- Excellent benefits
- Competitive hourly pay plus shift premium
- Overtime possible
- Bonus potential
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Licensed Electrician or Apprentice Electrician within 2 years of achieving journeyman license with the State of Minnesota
- 1 or more years of experience of general maintenance working upon electrical and mechanical assets
- Must be able to lift and carry 40 pounds, sit and stand for long periods of time, climb ladders, walk on cat – walks and be comfortable working in elevated positions on lifts and platforms
- Must be capable of being NAC certified
- Ability to work Friday, Saturday, Sunday, from 7:00 pm to 7:00 am
- Experience with Electrical Assets, including but not limited to UPS (uninterruptible power supplies), ATS (automatic transfer switches), VFD (variable frequency drives), PDU (power distribution units), and Generators
- Experience operating key mechanical assets, including but not limited to chillers, cooling towers, water treatment systems, CRACs – computer room air conditioners, pumps, sumps and leak detection systems
- Experience using key fire / life safety systems, including but not limited to VESDA – very early smoke detection apparatus and pre – action sprinkler systems
- Experience operating and manipulating VFDs and PLCs
- Experience installing WHIPS (power connections to various devices) in hot panels within raised floor environments
- Experience building and assembling computer room racks, cabinets, HDAs and cutting and installation of floor tile
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment