Pharmacy Technician Medication Coordinator - 2197595
Opportunities with Genoa Healthcare. A career with Genoa Healthcare means you’re part of a collaborative effort to serve behavioral health and addiction treatment communities. We do more than just provide medicine: we change lives for the better. People with serious mental or chronic illness – and those who care for them – have moving stories, and at Genoa we become their voice, their partner. Working as part of a coordinated care team, we partner with community-based providers and others to ensure that people with complex health conditions get the right medications and are able to follow their treatment plans. Our personalized services – in-clinic pharmacies, medication management and more – are leading the way to a new level of care.
Genoa is a pharmacy care services company that is part of Optum and UnitedHealth Group’s family of businesses. We are part of a leading information and technology-enabled health services business dedicated to making the health system work better for everyone. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Consumer Medication Coordinator position at Genoa is an essential role that impacts the lives of an underserved population that needs a voice. This position is a liaison between a partner clinic and a Genoa mental health specialty pharmacy.
Primary responsibilities include building strong relationships with the clinic partners and communicating with consumers to assist them with their medication plan, insurance and the full services of the Genoa pharmacy. A key function will be promoting Genoa services to obtain new consumers and increasing the number of consumers Genoa serves.
Hours: Mon – Fri 8:30am – 5:00pm
This position will be located at Agape, 22790 SW 112th Avenue, Miami, FL
- Communicates with all consumers of the mental health center regarding the medication services Genoa provides
- Recruits and enrolls consumers utilizing enrollment forms and copy the consumer’s insurance card
- Facilitates the collection of prescriptions to be faxed to the pharmacy for dispensing
- Ensures all consumer insurance information is up to date in the Pharmacy system and is properly charged for the medications dispensed
- Assists consumers in contacting the pharmacist regarding all their medication questions and ensure a prompt response to their questions
- Assists clinic staff and pharmacy with prior authorizations and Patient Assistance programs as needed
- Monitors compliance by contacting the consumer at least monthly to ensure compliance and determine refill needs as applicable
- Prescription refill management by utilizing the no refill report and contacting the appropriate prescriber to ensure timely refills are completed and dispensed to the consumer
- Checks for expiration dates (both on consumer’s medications as well as house account products/standing order meds)
- Ensures that medications are stored properly (refrigerated drugs are kept in the refrigerator, pen-tips are not stored on insulin pens, etc.)
- Checks for discrepancies (dose changes, discontinued medications, etc.)
Check out one of our pharmacies: Genoa Healthcare On-site Pharmacy Tour – YouTube
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
Years of post-high school education can be substituted/is equivalent to years of experience.
- Pharmacy Tech License in the state of FL
- Prior Authorization experience
- Immunizations, willing to if hired
- Drivers License and Car Insurance
- Bilingual in Spanish
If the hired individual resides in Florida (office based or telecommuting) this position requires the AHCA Level II background check (fingerprinting) by the State of Florida for all clinicians that have direct face to face contact with members OR employees who will have access to confidential patient data and will require renewal every five years.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Learn more about our Mission & Values – UnitedHealth Group!
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.