Medical Assistant - 2183157
$4000 Sign-on Bonus for External Hires!
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here’s your opportunity. We’re going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
The Medical Assistant performs a variety of back office activities to assist providers in conducting quality clinics, including administering injections, diagnostic testing, phlebotomy, quality surveys and various other procedures. Delivers exceptional customer service and maintains established quality control standards.
- Sign On Bonus -$4000 after 30 days of employment
- 10% shift differential
- Overtime eligible at time and half
- Annual performance bonus potential
- Paid Time Off (PTO) which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Career development and training for other roles you may be interested
- Medical Plan options, Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance within 30 days of hire
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Support up to 2 MDs and 2 APCs at Primary Care Practice
- Lead back office operations to include screening / rooming patients, documentation in EMRs, quality assurance, and training of new personnel
- Assist in the care of the patient by following through on Provider orders for treatments
- Taking the patients vital signs and conducting blood draws as certified
- Have certification or are working towards their certification as a Medical Assistant
- Assist providers with patient care
- Complete screenings and tests on patients
- Document in patient’s EMR
- Assist with front desk responsibilities
- Collect / process lab specimens
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school graduate or GED
- Current CPR and / or BLS certification or ability to obtain certification within 30 days of hire
- Completion of a Medical Assistant program, or relevant experience
- Access to reliable transportation
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes – an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.