Supportive Care Patient Services Representative - 2195903
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data, and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
The Supportive Care PSR is responsible for scheduling all new patient evaluations, follow up appointments, answering phones and mapping routes for home visits.
Schedule: Monday-Friday: 8am-5pm. Office located at 3809 W. Business 83, Harlingen, TX 78550
- Schedules all new patient evaluations for Supportive Care
- Schedules all follow up appointments for Supportive Care Providers, RNs, SWs and LVN/LPNs
- Responsible for mapping patient home visit driving routes for Supportive Care providers using web based applications
- Completes intake for all new patient referrals
- Updates and maintains master list of Supportive Care Patients for reports
- Answer phones, resolves call or routes to appropriate contact
- Maintains timely and accurate documentation of all patient interactions
- Manages medical records (Requests, verifies receipt of, maintains, files/scans, prepares for schedule)
- Ensures all correspondence is scanned and/or filed in timely manner
- Processes requests for medical records release and maintains appropriate logs, etc.
- Greets patients as they arrive and manages 20 minute wait time
- Assists patients with intake processes including copying required documents
- Collects co-payments, co-insurance and deductibles and issues receipts
- Manages cashier box and daily deposits according to company policies
- Processes walk-in patients and visitors
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together – competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience in a medical office or medical background
- 6+ months of experience / knowledge of office procedures and medical terminology
- 6+ months of experience displaying effective communication and customer service skills
- 6 + months of experience with navigating Internet tools such as Google Map and Map Quest
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications to include Excel, Word, and Outlook
- ICD 10 and CPT coding experience
- Ability to accurately sort and file materials by alphabetic or numeric systems
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) language proficiency
- Working knowledge of EMR and TruCare
- Previous experience in a physician’s office, clinical or hospital setting
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.