Clinic Coordinator Well Med San Marcos Texas - 2195212
Incentive Bonus 2 times a year
18 days of PTO & Closed on Major Holidays
Certification Fee Reimbursement – 401K Match
Opportunities at WellMed, part of the Optum family of businesses. We believe all patients are entitled to the highest level of medical care. Here, you will join a team who shares your passion for helping people achieve better health. With opportunities for physicians, clinical staff and non-patient-facing roles, you can make a difference with us as you discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Position in this function directs, supervises and coordinates staff and activities at assigned clinic to ensure the delivery of quality patient service. This position ensures staff complies with all regulatory initiatives and policies and procedures and works with senior management to support effective clinic operations. The Supervisor of Clinic Operations will also provide support to clinic staff in the absence of the Clinic Administrator.
- Supervises assigned personnel to ensure quality patient care, including forms and procedures as required
- Monitors clinic workflow and schedule to ensure productivity standards are met
- Administers clinic policies and procedures in a consistent and timely manner
- Evaluates performance and recommends merit increases, promotions, and disciplinary actions, assists in interviews, trains, and orients staff
- Ensures that office space, supplies, assistance are provided and maintained appropriately for medical staff and patient care
- Works with senior management to ensure operations and relations are effective
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested
- Ensures personnel forms and/or records are kept updated and submitted to other departments in a timely manner
- Ensures that offices for new and incoming physicians are ready and equipped
- Coordinates staff work activities and serves as resource to medical management staff in various market(s)
- Collects clinic performance and quality metrics and produces reports for management
- Orders office and medical supplies and ensures sufficient quantities are maintained at all times. Assists the Clinic Administrator in budget preparation and adherence
- Coordinates conference calls and assist with preparation for meetings for medical management staff in market
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 4+ additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of clinic operations or healthcare experience, including 1+ years of supervisory experience (Comparable leadership/internship experience may be substituted in lieu of supervisory experience)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel.
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of organization policies and procedures and ability to apply principles to solve everyday problems in a variety of situations
- Knowledge of fiscal management and human resource management techniques
- Knowledge of office management techniques and practices
- Proven ability to exercise initiative, problem solving, decision-making
- Proven ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities
- Proven skill in gathering, analyzing, and evaluating data
- Proven skill in written and verbal communication
- Proven good communication and customer service skills
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- Current unrestricted Vocational Nurse License in applicable state of employment
- Professional healthcare license or certification
Physical Demands & Working Conditions: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 35 pounds and push or pull heavy objects using up to 35 pounds of force. The employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time. Ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time. Ability to use fine motor skills to operate office equipment and/or machinery. Ability to utilize full range of body motion in occasionally handling and lifting patients. Ability to properly drive and operate a vehicle between multiple clinic locations. Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing. Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving. Requires Normal visual acuity and hearing. Potential for exposure to bodily fluids.
Special Requirements: Verbal and writing ability required to communicate effectively in informing employees of activities and policies. Numerical ability required. Ability to receive, comprehend, and carry out instructions; ability to work safely with equipment, supplies, and materials; ability to comply with attendance requirements; ability to comply with Human Resource policies.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.